Health Insurer Anthem hit by hackers

cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
I tried searching and couldn't see this was already posted....Interesting stuff...

Health Insurer Anthem Hit by Hackers - WSJ

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    More insight: China To Blame in Anthem Hack? — Krebs on Security

In the above Krebs link the second commenter seems like a potential source of the hack :p
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got an email from Anthem yesterday regarding this. Haven't had health insurance for 2 years. Now I get it (Anthem) and they get hacked. Figures :)
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Saw that when news of it broke. I like my prospects for a long and fruitful career in InfoSec icon_cool.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I like my prospects for a long and fruitful career in InfoSec icon_cool.gif

That is exactly what I think of after every major hacking incident lol. It also helps the CISO's training budget get approved. SANS in Amsterdam this May thanks to Sony, Target, and Home Depot hackers icon_smile.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    More insight: China To Blame in Anthem Hack? — Krebs on Security

In the above Krebs link the second commenter seems like a potential source of the hack :p

HAHAHAHA, looks like a shady character
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Long and fruitful career in InfoSec? Wrong! Didn't you guys read a while back someone here saying security is a bubble?
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Saw that when news of it broke. I like my prospects for a long and fruitful career in InfoSec icon_cool.gif

Hey Anthem is hiring icon_lol.gif
    Cloud Encryption Security Professional - Info Security Advisor Job Family Richmond Virginia Job
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm reminded of a country song that goes "Some fools never learn"
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got an e-mail from them yesterday, I'm affected. Sucks, actually, all my pii, income, address and e-mail...

Have to file taxes ASAP this year
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Damn..sorry to hear that....
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    sounds like a HIPPA failure... lol
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Just got a letter today that I was affected too. Man...I was affected by Target and Home Depot too, now this....at least they're paying for credit/identity theft for the next 2 years...at this rate I won't ever have to pay for it.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Verities wrote: »
    Just got a letter today that I was affected too. Man...I was affected by Target and Home Depot too, now this....at least they're paying for credit/identity theft for the next 2 years...at this rate I won't ever have to pay for it.

Don't forget to go to allclear id site and specifically sign up for pro level of service. By default (=not doing anything) you are signed up for a level of service that doesn't do much. For pro level you have to sign up (free if you are affected), that on have insurance and other stuff.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Thanks, yeah I made sure to sign up for the service.