Options

Passed ICND1

bhcs2014bhcs2014 Member Posts: 103
Score was 894. Always feels good when you spend a lot of time on something and you achieve it. I definitely overstudied for the exam. I wanted to have a strong grasp on the fundamentals. I used cbtnuggets videos, exam cram book, and Odom book. In that order. Labbed using packet tracer. I advise against using only the exam cram book if you want to go farther than ccent, it leaves out a lot of important details that are in the Odom book.

I didn't really like the exam. I didn't get any questions at all for one big topic which I found weird. One question was asked around 5 times each with different wording. I guess they just completely randomize the questions. Also I am 99% sure one of the questions had all incorrect answers.

Oh well, still passed icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCENT. icon_thumright.gif

Are you moving on to ICND2 next for your CCNA?
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Yes I am.

What do you guys think for ICND2, Lammle book or Odom? I hear Odom's book isn't good for ICND2.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass man! Did you struggle with any parts of the exam?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    In Progress:
    WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)
  • Options
    eitherwayeitherway Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bhcs2014 wrote: »
    Yes I am.

What do you guys think for ICND2, Lammle book or Odom? I hear Odom's book isn't good for ICND2.

I'm one week away from taking my ICND2, I've been using Odoms book and the "31 Days Before...." book from Cisco which is great. I also recommend finding and taking some good practice tests. Odom's book is great, but there were some new topics added so you may have to download a supplemental PDF to make sure you are learning about FHRP's.
  • Options
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass man! Did you struggle with any parts of the exam?

Not really. There were a couple obscure questions I did not expect that I guessed on. I wish I would have taken a little more time on the sims, I sorta rushed through them thinking I might run out of time. I ended up with about 20 minutes to spare wishing I would have looked at one of the sims in a little more detail. Nothing major though.
  • Options
    Either, thanks for the tips, definitely gonna check out the exam objectives for any new topics.
  • Options
    BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    The Reluctant LoserThe Reluctant Loser Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently reading both odom's book and lammle's book. Ersonally, I like lammle's style better than odom, but they're both great books. As long as you pay attention, either book will get you to the level of knowledge required for CCNA.
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Congrats!
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching