Options

Newly Minted CCNA here.....Passed ICND2 today!

CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Although I passed, I did not manage time very well and this almost cost me in the end, I had to guess on the last few questions. Luckily I had enough questions correct to get the coveted "Congratulation you have passed!" at the end of the exam.

Study:

OCG for ICND2 - Needs to be update to include more stuff about RSTP and STP
Chris Bryant Videos for ICND2 - same as above
Boson Netsim 10 and ExSim Max Practice Exams (gave me good understanding of my weak areas).
TechExams Forum - actually how I knew to go over RSTP

I also went through the Exam objectives and answered every question and used it as a study guide.

I don't necessarily think that ICND2 is harder than ICND1 (this is subjective), but the extra 15 minutes you get on ICND1 does make in mentally less ominous.

Only advice I can really give at this point is to manage your time and practice your troubleshooting skills, I kept getting tripped up on simple things (wasting valuable time)

Oh well I guess, a pass is a pass. I will let it soak in. If I can be of some help let me know (NDA in mind of course).

Next up either CCNP|R&S or CCNA|Sec

Later
In Progress:
WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass! In the end, what matters is that you passed. Now to move onto the next!
  • Options
    mweaver84mweaver84 Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice.. congrats..

i am taking ICND2 on Monday, wish i woulda have been able to take it " Championship Friday " like i always do.. but I wont let it bother..

thanks for the tip on time..
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_smile.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your CCNA, and best of luck on CCNA:S or your CCNP
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations !! What's next ?
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yowser!!!

Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Itrimble wrote: »
    Congratulations !! What's next ?

It's either going to be starting CCNP studies or CCNA:Sec, I eventually want to do DC, don't know if I should do CCNP:R&S first before jumping on the DC side of things or go straight into the DC track (what do you guys think?). As for my immediate plans, I think I will have a few margaritasicon_cool.gif!

Thanks everyone for the support, I've wanted this for a while, it's starting to sink in.....(fist bump)!icon_cheers.gif
    In Progress:
    WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)
  • Options
    cisco_kidd20cisco_kidd20 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's either going to be starting CCNP studies or CCNA:Sec, I eventually want to do DC, don't know if I should do CCNP:R&S first before jumping on the DC side of things or go straight into the DC track (what do you guys think?). As for my immediate plans, I think I will have a few margaritasicon_cool.gif!

Thanks everyone for the support, I've wanted this for a while, it's starting to sink in.....(fist bump)!icon_cheers.gif

Congratulations!!! What is your job situation like? Do you mean you want to move to DC? I highly recommend getting a job in the field where you will utilize your CCNA, the CCNP requires a bit of hands on and real world scenarios.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jem7skjem7sk Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats, well done
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University