Options

Knocked 802, officially A+ certified!

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Yes, I'm done with A+!

I was excited to see a score of 825. I studied A LOT as many said it was a tougher exam than 801. Used Sybex as main source, bought CertMaster, skimmed ExamCram guide and also did all 4 Cram exams. Did tonnes of other practice questions (Pearson, Sybex exam engine); usually scoring 80-85%! I studied for 2 weeks, last 3 days being very intense.

My advice: When you study make sure you study material deep than memorizing and trying to find a 'short-cut'. Do lots of hands-on.

Thanks for TE and all folks here, without motivation here, I wouldn't have done it.
Next I plan to do SSCP and CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on becoming A+ certified :D Best of luck on the SSCP and CCNA!
  • Options
    kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!! :D
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • Options
    GeekTechieGeekTechie Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm studying for my 801 now, going to take it by end of this month and also do the 802 too this month as well. If not, I'll do the 802 next month, so that I can have both exams done within months of each other.
  • Options
    Thanks kineticfs and H3||scr3am and GeekTechie!

GeekTechie: After you pass 801, you may need at least 2 weeks for 802. Do tonnes of practice questions to learn how Comptia wants you to fix problems. During prep, I hated printer and video problems because all problems sounded similar, but each needed different solutions.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    powdered toast manpowdered toast man Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What made the 802 more difficult than the 801 in your opinion? Was it memorizing the commands?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    What made the 802 more difficult than the 801 in your opinion? Was it memorizing the commands?

During prep, I found printing and video problems to be a bit of challenge. I mean they explain very similar symptoms (vertical lines, vertical black lines, vertical white spots, etc.) and then very specific solutions, e.g. transfer corona, toner, etc. etc. In my IT career and working with hundreds of techs, printers and monitors, don't recall a single time we got that specific to identify a problem or fix it.
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree binarysoul. I just recently passed the 220-801 exam with a score of 737 out of 900. I was glad that I passed. One down, one more to go. I plan on taking the 220-802 later this month.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR