Options

New Member looking for help

jzjz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

First, I wanted to appreciate how much talent and knowledge you guys have and that you share for free.

Next, I am about to start my Network + cert preparations. I have had previous networking experience for a while and I was wondering if anyone could draw a map as to what needs to be studied for the exam.

Please see if anyone could provide some guidance. My goal is to get the following certs (starting from Network + ):

IC3
Network+
MySQL Core
Security+
MySQL Pro
Project+
MCSE 270 (Earns MCP)
iNet+

Thanks in advance.

J Z

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome,
    JZ wrote:
    Next, I am about to start my Network + cert preparations. I have had previous networking experience for a while and I was wondering if anyone could draw a map as to what needs to be studied for the exam.
    CompTIA has drawn a map for you, the 'exam objectives'. You can find a link to it, as well as some more info about Network+ and our practice exams and our Network+ TechNotes at:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml
  • Options
    jzjz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank You for your reply. I am looking for some solid material that people have used for Network + exam. There's many sites out there offering study materials but I am not sure which one to go with.

Could someone let me know what is the best study medium out there? I took 2 practie tests each for 20 questions. I passed with a 45% and a 70% without even looking at any book.....so I am wondering what would I need to study to pass it,
  • Options
    gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took the net+ exam I haved about 1 1/2 years of experience. I used the for study the technotes of this site, exam cram 2 and all the free test exam available. I passed with a score over 850.

In the exam the more difficult questions are about troubleshooting and implematation.
  • Options
    Newbie86Newbie86 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey JZ!

Looks like you and I are taking the same certs! Minus MySQL....

Safe to assume you're a WGU student? icon_cool.gif