Options

Performance-based Q's - SY0-401

tcctcc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I've lurked here since I found out three or so week ago that I am required to knock out Sec+ for a new job I have been hired for (employer was aware I have no IT background at all - I wasn't the most qualified, but I fit their needs)

My employer sent me to a two-week boot camp that concluded with the exam. Unfortunately, I did not pass (scored a 606). While frustrated, I will take the exam again in 2 - 4 weeks and will pass then.

****REMOVED specifics about exam ****

My course utilized Sybex material and transcender practice tests and I have Darrill's 401 book at home. I felt confident going into the exam having earned high 80s & 90s on the practice exams.

This isn't my first cert (I have a PMP) and have a lot of experience earning credentials in my previous field (aviation).

Can someone recommend a realistic exam simulator? I found the practice exam questions very straight forward as opposed to the exam's question.

Thank you....TC

Comments

• Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried using the Darril practice test he has that includes 6 sets of practice performance questions?
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Transcender is the most realistic practice test for Security+ that I found. I used both Transcender and MeasureUp and found the former to simulate the real exam most accurately.
  • Options
    tcctcc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Arod95,

I have not tried Darril's practice exams, but am seriously considering them.

PJ,

I still have access to the Transcender practice tests, but it seemed to me as though it has not been updated to reflect the 401 version of Sec+. I was scoring high 80s on Transcender going into the certification exam. Looking back, I felt Transcender questions were easier than the 401 exam.

I have not looked at MeasureUp; I will do some research there.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Usually, the recommendation for practice exams is to consistently score in the 90's. Still, the practice exams can't be 100% the same as the real test. Sometimes a few subtopics here and there will be missed.