Options

ICND1 Boson Exam - Is It Worth It?

diplomats101diplomats101 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,

After failing the ICND1 few months ago I am now prepping to retake it. Wanted to ask if the Boson practice exam is worth the $99 price? Have any of you purchased this before? Is it like those back-of-the-book questions or something that includes sims, etc that's actually like the real exam?

Wanted to get your guys' input before making the purchase. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the ExSim-Max for ICND1 (640 Series), ICND2 (640 Series), and ROUTE (642 Series). I found it helpful for knowing some of the areas I needed to study more and about where I am preparedness wise. You might be able to get a discount on the Special Offers page and they supposedly will give you your money back (the cost of the ExSim-Max only) if you fail. On a side note, the exams get progressively harder from Exam A to B to C, with Exam C containing some questions one level beyond the scope of the exam. There are generally 3 exams and you can either take them individually or have it create a random exam using questions from all 3 exams. I prefer to take them in order, so that I don't see the same question twice.

https://www.boson.com/account/specialoffers
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    cisco_kidd20cisco_kidd20 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's something that includes sims, etc that's actually like the real exam.

Boson also has a no pass no pay guaranty: http://www.boson.com/guarantee

I found it extremely helpful, especially the lab sims provided. I don't think you can go wrong with the purchase.
  • Options
    MattcnzMattcnz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its rather costly, but I bought both the ICND1 & ICND2 exams when I was studying for 200-120. In my opinion, they were worth the cost to me as the questions were pretty similar to the real deal and helped me gauge what to expect from the exam.