Options

How to Prepare for Comptia A+ Please help

mohsinalimohsinali Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello ,
I want to apply for comptia a+ certificate but i don't know how to prepare for comptia a+ exams .
There are alot of video tutorials online but really i am confused which one i should purchase to prepare the exams.
Please guys help me

waiting for your replies

Comments

• Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What I am using:
    For free Videos: Professor Messer
    Books: Meyers, Exam Cram
    CertMaster is really helping me learn the material in a proactive kind of way.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've only used Mike Meyer's book and Professor Messer's Youtube tutiroals.
    These were more than enough information to pass the exam.

I've also took some practice tests on ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams so make sure to check this site as well. :D
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently using the same resources as you are rj1790. It has surely helped me. I just recently passed the 220-801 exam with a score of 737 out of 900. I plan on taking the 220-802 exam later this month.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mohsinali wrote: »
    Hello ,
    I want to apply for comptia a+ certificate but i don't know how to prepare for comptia a+ exams .
    There are alot of video tutorials online but really i am confused which one i should purchase to prepare the exams.
    Please guys help me

waiting for your replies

Well, there are several dozen threads in this forum about how to begin, but since you need your own personal answer try the following:
    1. Download the objectives from CompTIA - this will outline all a candidate is expected to know for their exam(s)
    2. Regarding A+ - look at investing in a quality text such as Mike Meyers "All-in-One" or the Sybex text or both.
    3. Get as much hands-on experience as you possible can get. CompTia recommends about 500 hour of experience with the technology being tested.

Depending on how much experience you currently have, you than set a target date to study and schedule your exam for that date. Worst case, you'll need about a month of study @ about 40 hours a week. Best case, maybe two weeks with light review.

A+ is comprised of two separate exams, I recommend taking them both the same day, others will say differently, to each his/her own. My feeling is you use the technology in tangent in the field, so one should know it on the test day.

A+ is pretty simple if you work with the material. Do you need the A+ in your career track should be the question? Many folks will never need it, and therefore should focus on certifications that match their experience and/or future career goals (such as Networking or something).

That said, A+ exams are great exams to cut-one's-teeth-on and therefore will get you prepared for the mid and higher level certifications.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question for you kineticfs. How do you input the information at the bottom of you posts? You know, you have for example, "Goals for 2014: CompTIA A+." Which settings do you go to in order to enable to input information at the bottom of your posts.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @armitron,

First, please start your own thread for your own specific question.

Second, user setting, (that cog up by your user name), scroll down until you find "edit signature".
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?