Options

What jobs are out there with only the A+ and Network + certs ?

chrisg29chrisg29 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Coming from someone who has no job related computer experience. help

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Head over to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com and type in the certifications. You should be able to pull somethings up.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If anything I would recommend you to get CCENT as well, because that really helped me stand out at my job interview last week. It was a rare opportunity of an entry level network technician with 1-3 months of job shadowing until I feel comfortable by myself, but they only cared if I understood most of the concepts in theory, and I'm willing to learn more as quickly as possible. You never know what doors wait for you in the future better to be prepared, and have it even if you don't use it in your first job.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's not a simple answer. There are so many variables that go into landing a job.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well you don't want to hear this but hardware and networking jobs.

To refine your search better you will need to include many more details. I always start with the job listings and see what people are asking for. Just keep in mind they are posting for the best candidate and interviewing based on the responses so don't get discouraged.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mostly desktop or help desk support which isnt bad depending on the company and level you support. You may also find job as the in house IT or technician, doing system imagining setting up work station and a little active directory. But I dont see to many noc, jr admin or network technicians job that ask for those certs. If they do its the bare minimal with the expectation of prior work experience. As they will prefer a vendor specific cert majority of the time.
  • Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Geeksquad, Radioshack, Apple genius bar...etc, etc
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try these keywords when searching for jobs:
    -cabling
    -A+
    -Pc tech

I found a job through a contractor with my A+ alone.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    johnnyarks wrote: »
    Geeksquad, Radioshack, Apple genius bar...etc, etc

I have a feeling that they may not be "hiring" at this point.
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    search
    pc tech, help desk, tier I, technical support, etc. Craigslist does have legit jobs so search there too.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wouldn't even "search" craigslist, simply browse the entire technical and system administrator job categories and read all postings that are even remotely similar to what you are looking for.

When I had zero experience and one cert I applied to anything that required 1-3 years of experience. My first job "required" at least 2 years of experience. I think most job postings are created with the employers customer in mind more so than the person looking for a job...I.E the employer can say to their customers "we only hire qualified technicians, look at our add!".
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Depends on the area you live in. In the midwest you could score a field tech job or helpdesk / noc position.
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    There are jobs out there for people with no certs or experience. I landed a Level 2 jobs coming straight from a marketing background.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005