Options

where to put AD in Skills Summary section of resume?

jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Where should i put Active Directory in a Skills Summary section of resume? Should I put it in the software section or the networking section or maybe systems section? Sorry if my question doesn't make any sense, im trying to hurry and post this before i sleep lol

Comments

• Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    What ever section you have Windows Server listed would likely be appropriate....I wouldn't lose sleep over it as long as you have it listed.
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thats software....

I have my skills part divided by Systems & Software. I don't put hardware on there, because its way too much to name, even tho the software I know is a ton as well.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help. One last question. For the job I'm applying for, it mentions this in it.........

"Basic understanding of Firewalls, Switches, VLANs, DMZs, IDS/IPS, routing, ports, NAT, DNS, SMTP Gateways, and Monitoring Tools required "

So the 'basic understanding', does that mean actual hands on experience or just that you understand what they are and what they do? For example, I know what an IDS/IPS does but I've never had hands on experience.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    since they put "basic" I would assume they are just making sure you know what one is and what its function is.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    jabokim wrote: »
    I know what an IDS/IPS does but I've never had hands on experience.

That's your cue to download Snort and PfSense...do this, watch a few Youtube videos, run through a few tutorials, and in 6-8 hours you are light years ahead of where you were previously and have actionable discussion items regarding network/systems security configuration.