Options

N-00-005 vs N-00-006

joemc3joemc3 Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□

The main differences between CompTIA Network+ N10-005 and Network+ N10-006 are the following:
1. Updated terms and technologies in the IT networking field.
2. More hands-on experiences such as installing, configuring, implementing, managing and troubleshooting.
3. Three new topics:
• Compare and contrast physical security controls.
• Summarize basic forensic concepts.
• Summarize safety practices.

CompTIA Network+ N10-005
CompTIA Network+ N10-006

Test Purpose
This exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to implement a defined network architecture with basic network security. Furthermore, a successful candidate will be able to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network devices using appropriate network tools and understand the features and purpose of network technologies. Candidates will be able to make basic solution recommendations, analyze network traffic, and be familiar with common protocols and media types.

CompTIA Network+ is accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard and, as such, undergoes regular reviews and updates to the exam objectives.
This exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network wireless and wired devices, establish basic network design and connectivity, understand and maintain network documentation, identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards, and protocols. The candidate will have a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies.

CompTIA Network+ is accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard and, as such, undergoes regular reviews and updates to the exam objectives.

Recommended Prerequisites
CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, though CompTIA A+ certification is not required.
CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, though CompTIA A+ certification is not required.

Have at least 9 to 12 months of work experience in IT networking.
Have at least 9 to 12 months of work experience in IT networking.

Objectives
Domain
% of Exam
Domain
% of Exam

1.0 Network Concepts
21%
1.0 Network architecture
21%

2.0 Network Installation and Configuration
23%
2.0 Network operations
18%

3.0 Network Media and Topologies
17%
3.0 Network security
21%

4.0 Network Management
20%
4.0 Troubleshooting
16%

5.0 Network Security
19%
5.0 Industry standards, practices, and network theory
24%

Total
100%
Total
100%

Comments

• Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    joemc3,

When is the Network + N10-005 set to be retired? I heard is set for some time this coming August. However, unsure about that. Please confirm if you are able to. If able to, this will give me an indication if I should go ahead and purchase the ExamCram Network + N10-005 book after I take the A+ 220-802 exam or just wait until the new edition of the ExamCram book comes out with the new Network + N10-006 study material. Please let me know. Thanks.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    CaiyenneCaiyenne Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info joemc3. Interesting how security is becoming a bigger focus in all areas.
  • Options
    creativeLiquidcreativeLiquid Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone,
    I want to schedule the Network+ exam.
    Yet I see on the Pearson VUE site that they have N10-005, N10-006, and N90-005.

I understand N10-006 has a stronger emphasis in security, over N10-005.

Yet I don't understand N90-005.

Which one should I take?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Study and take the N10-005 exam. You have until August 31st of this year to take it. After that, study for the Security+ exam. Good luck.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    creativeLiquidcreativeLiquid Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Awesome!
    Thank you!
    Booking Network+ N10-005 exam now.
    Have already studied for it... and done "practice tests" on my own.

Thanks!!