Options

Stanly Mar-May

13»

Comments

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    15 out of 24 modules done! icon_study.gificon_cool.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    bym007bym007 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fuz1on wrote: »
    15 out of 24 modules done! icon_study.gificon_cool.gif

How did you manage that, while I only see 9 modules in my course released yet ?
    CCNA R/S [ ], CCDA [ ], VCP6 [ ]
    BS Computers [✔], MSc Computer Networks [✔], MBA [✔]
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bym007 wrote: »
    How did you manage that, while I only see 9 modules in my course released yet ?

Oops my bad - 15 outta 24 labs done! I'm still only on module 7...
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just finished all of the labs, videos, and quizzes. Whew! Now to really start studying. icon_cheers.gif
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    DeekyDeeky Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any idea on when module 13 will be released? I expected it to out by now
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which section are you in?
    Deeky wrote: »
    Any idea on when module 13 will be released? I expected it to out by now
  • Options
    All sorted, the finally came up
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    I have the Stanley course showing on my VMware learn profile - do we need to evaluate to get the voucher?
  • Options
    I have registered too for the Vmware VCP, but not sure what should be the nwxt step.
  • Options
    rockstar81 wrote: »
    I have the Stanley course showing on my VMware learn profile - do we need to evaluate to get the voucher?

yes, apparently we should get an email soon. Unsure if this is off the course end date at Stanly or the one listed in myLearn

Congrats VMware Student,
    You are receiving this email for successfully completing the VMware Training at Stanly Community College. An E-Transcript from VMware should be available in your Mylearn account approximately 2weeks after today May 13, 2015. To acquire a VCP Certification Exam discount voucher. Here are the steps necessary:

1. The MyLearn system will send to the email in your MyLearn account an evaluation link. You MUST respond to this evaluation link within one week of the end of the class. If you do not complete the evaluation, you will NOT receive a discount voucher.
  • Options
    When did you receive such an email ?
  • Options
    14th of May, but haven't received the evaluation link/email yet
  • Options
    If you login into Vmware My Learn account, there is a link to evaluation in place now. I just finished my evaluation.
    mylearn.vmware.com

GL
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been waiting for the evaluation link/email too. The course is showing up as a current course in the VMware education site, but there is no link to a course evaluation and I haven't received an email either.
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've received the evaluation link several days ago and the course shows as completed in VMware.
    Have you received the email saying that you passed it?
  • Options
    Look around. The evaluation link should be around. I had the same GUI and I found it by messing about.

It seems it would not should up for me any more.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just logged back in and saw the button for the evaluation. I'm not sure if it was there before and I just didn't notice it or if it just appeared recently.
  • Options
    Now that the course has been done and dusted, did anyone hear or see their discount voucher?

Is there any validity of the voucher?
    How much discount can we get on exam fee ?
    Are there any restrictions on it ?
  • Options
    My findings after some reading regarding the discount voucher.
    Please note that this voucher is given directly by VMware after course completion and evaluation posted. I believe it may take 2 weeks after successful completion of the course.
    bym007 wrote: »
    Now that the course has been done and dusted, did anyone hear or see their discount voucher?

Is there any validity of the voucher? Valid till late 2016
    How much discount can we get on exam fee ? Previous session got 70% discount voucher.
    Are there any restrictions on it ?
  • Options
    normslandnormsland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK hopefully in a couple of weeks fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    dzapatadzapata Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So...has anybody actually received the voucher? Would it show up anywhere in your vmware education account? I see I got credit for the class completion and did the eval already but have not received a voucher.
  • Options
    Hi,

I received an email from vnware a couple of days back with the voucher. Its 70% off, and valid till Oct '16.

GL.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Question: Does this course have enough material to solely pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam alone?

Question 2: If not, then what study material is recommended to supplement this course to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam?

I'm asking this because I am seeing some members post that it does not contain enough material to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam.

I am in this course now, so all advice would be welcomed.
  • Options
    Question: Does this course have enough material to solely pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam alone?

Question 2: If not, then what study material is recommended to supplement this course to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam?

I'm asking this because I am seeing some members post that it does not contain enough material to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam.

I am in this course now, so all advice would be welcomed.

This course certainly does not have enough by itself to let you pass, unless you have a "significant" experience in vmware products, and I mean significant literally.

It is generally recommended to study one of the prep books to pass, like I started Scott Lowe's.
  • Options
    tecguystecguys Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mitechniq wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in the class books, I just finished the course.... PM me
    Hello Mitechniq, is the book still available. Thanks!
  • Options
    slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    does stanly offer vmware esxi to install to build a lab?
  • Options
    normslandnormsland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woo-hoo passed my VCP550 today! I took this course early back in Mar-May this year... It took some time but it is definitely worth it. Thanks to the great resources here, Stanly for making the course available and the whole thing possible :).
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    normsland wrote: »
    Woo-hoo passed my VCP550 today! I took this course early back in Mar-May this year... It took some time but it is definitely worth it. Thanks to the great resources here, Stanly for making the course available and the whole thing possible :).
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Super late post but I finally felt ready to take this exam back in February and passed with a 407/300. Now VCP5-DCV certified and looking for work. I'm hoping with my PMP certification as well that I will be able to find a good position with the right company. Next up is ITIL Foundations... I'll probably do VCP6-DCV and then VCP6-Cloud as well since I have been labbing with vCloud Air a fair amount. Thanks Stanly!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    Congratulations!!

Kyrak wrote: »
    Super late post but I finally felt ready to take this exam back in February and passed with a 407/300. Now VCP5-DCV certified and looking for work. I'm hoping with my PMP certification as well that I will be able to find a good position with the right company. Next up is ITIL Foundations... I'll probably do VCP6-DCV and then VCP6-Cloud as well since I have been labbing with vCloud Air a fair amount. Thanks Stanly!