Options

Just passed 802! A+ Certified now!

kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I couldn't even take 802 on my previous try due to:
" Here's what happened to me on Friday...
So I went to the test center and showed my drivers license to the guy at the front desk.
He looked at my DL for about 5 seconds and said I won't be able to take my test because my DL was expired "4 days" ago.
I literally said "what?!" and he repeated himself saying that my DL was expired "4 days" ago...

I know that it was my own responsibility to present a "valid" ID but it was such a bummer...
I asked the guy whether if I could reschedule my test or not but he said there is no way for him to help me on that.

I ended up wasting my time and money..."

But I ended up renewing my DL and finally nailed down 802 today!
( Another official A+ certified here! :D )

Feel free to ask me any questions about it!
Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR

Comments

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kineticfs wrote: »
    I couldn't even take 802 on my previous try due to:

But I ended up renewing my DL and finally nailed down 802 today!
    ( Another official A+ certified here! :D )

Feel free to ask me any questions about it!

Congrats!!! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif Got plans for the next one?! icon_cool.gificon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    fuz1on wrote: »
    Congrats!!! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif Got plans for the next one?! icon_cool.gificon_study.gif

I'm half way done studying for my Network+ icon_cool.gif
    I studied while my DL was on its way!

1 more month of studying expected until I try for the Network+ exam!
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the 802 exam. I'm going to take the 802 in a week or so. Do you remember how many performanced based questions you had? Is there anything else should I be expecting on the 802?
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Armitron77 wrote: »
    Congrats on passing the 802 exam. I'm going to take the 802 in a week or so. Do you remember how many performanced based questions you had? Is there anything else should I be expecting on the 802?

I've had 4 simulations on mine.
    Few command line, port numbering, differences in Windows, mobile and printer questions.
    I would say about half of them were troubleshooting questions though.

I personally think it was easier than 801.
    Just lmk if you have more questions about it! :D
  • Options
    What were the questions asked in terms of the differences in Windows? What questions were asked for command line, port numbering, mobile, and printer? Sorry for the tons of questions. I'm just trying to better prepare myself for the 802 exam. Hope you do not mind.

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    What were the questions asked in terms of the differences in Windows? What questions were asked for command line, port numbering, mobile, and printer? Sorry for the tons of questions. I'm just trying to better prepare myself for the 802 exam. Hope you do not mind.

In terms of differences in Windows,
    they asked me about upgrade availabilities between two different Windows and few others.

For the command line,
    I had a simulation where I had to perform "fixmbr" and others included ping, tracert, nslookup, ipconfig and net commands.

Mobile questions included GPS and OS related questions (where it asked me about which OS is Android base on.)

As far as printer questions,
    there were few but I guessed on all of them as I was too lazy to memorize which parts do what and what...

Overall, it wasn't that difficult. (You still need to know your stuffs though!)
    If you nailed 801 down without a problem, you won't have any difficulties with this one as well! :)
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your A+ certification :D best of luck on your Network+
  • Options
    Ok. Than I should be able to pass the 802 with very little trouble than. I did however score a 737 out of a 900 on the 801 exam. I should be ok than. Don't you think?

• Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    kineticfs wrote: »

For the command line,
    I had a simulation where I had to perform "fixmbr" and others included ping, tracert, nslookup, ipconfig and net commands.

Congrats. Been ages since I took the A+ (2000). I cant remember last time in my career using "fixmbr". :)
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing your A+ certification :D best of luck on your Network+

Thank you! Best of luck on your upcoming CCENT as well!
  • Options
    Ok. Than I should be able to pass the 802 with very little trouble than. I did however score a 737 out of a 900 on the 801 exam. I should be ok than. Don't you think?

Yeah, I don't think you will have any problem! ;)
  • Options
    VinnyCisco wrote: »
    Congrats. Been ages since I took the A+ (2000). I cant remember last time in my career using "fixmbr". :)

That's what I figured! I don't think I will ever gonna use "fixmbr" in my entire career again!
    Still, it's better than not knowing what it is though! lol
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam!