Having issues installing Oracle 11gR2 on RHEL

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
I'm working on a project where I'm installing Oracle 11gR2 on RHEL v5.8. There are a ton of packages that have to be installed in advance of installing Oracle. I don't have RH Satellite up and running yet and it is very time consuming to install packages by hand and meeting dependencies, especially unixODBC64-devel-2.2.14-3.el15.x86-64. I'm having major issues with this one.

I though there would be an easier way and have found repositories from Oracle that will install the pacakges as long as I have /etc/yum.d pointed to the repository, like the one below: https://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-el5.repo

My concern is that this sounds like this is for Oracle for Linux and will replace our stock kernel from Redhat.

Has anyone had any experiencing in installing Oracle on Linux or pulling packages down from Oracle to install on various Linux distros?

More info here

How I Simplified Installation of Oracle Database on Oracle Linux

Can't Install Oracle_Cal On Linux El5
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    BTW, I solved this.

For some reason, I hit a brick wall and was trying to pull down the packages that I needed from the install .iso.

I then went to the RH website and grab what packages I needed from there, which were more current and that solved the issue.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown