Options

Large data transfer

LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello TE!

I have a server that has about 2TB's of company data that needs to be transferred, I tried robocopy and xcopy, and both seem to miss files. There's well over 8 years of data...

Any other tools out there? Server 2003 > 2012R2
Kindly doing the needful

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    Hello TE!

I have a server that has about 2TB's of company data that needs to be transferred, I tried robocopy and xcopy, and both seem to miss files. There's well over 8 years of data...

Can you move the data in small chunks?

Does the server have a PCI-e slot, plug in a eSATA or USB 3.0 card and transfer it to an external.

Does both the 2003 and 2012 server have a free nic card? - if so can you make a vlan on a switch and enable jumbo-frames and copy the data in that manner?
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    Hello TE!

Windows does offer a data export utility called
    [h=1]Csvde.
    [/h]What type of data is it you are trying to move?

Microsofts link on this util is there is information there to see if it may be what you need:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732101.aspx
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply --

The 2k3 server did not, I ended up using RichCopy, an MS Software similar to RoboCopy. So far it's going good.

I was trying to do over the network, I dont want to do to an external, only to have to do it again... Everything is Gbe, might as well use it :D

Hopefully it works, thanks again!

I did try the small chunks, I couldn't sit in front of it for 40 hours haha.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    Awsome tool, but not the kind of data I'm migrating. But good none the less icon_study.gif
    Kindly doing the needful