Options

Taking the Exam!

earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
Greetings everyone!

I would appreciate wishes of luck, prayers etc for my upcomimg S+ exam. I am getting the voucher in a few days and plan to take it this upcoming Friday.

I have been studying Darill Gibson's book as well as his study app and flashcards. I also have been listening to the CBT nuggets (Keith) while traveling between my offices. icon_study.gif

I feel very confident at this point and would like to knock this test out with a high score. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks !
WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019

Comments

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earonw49 wrote: »
    Greetings everyone! I would appreciate wishes of luck, prayers etc for my upcomimg S+ exam. I am getting the voucher in a few days and plan to take it this upcoming Friday.

Good luck!!!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck using most of the same materials my exam is next Tuesday though
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! With the material you're using, you should be able to pass the exam without any issues!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. Be sure to study as it is a challenging exam. It's not tricky, just gotta know the material.
  • Options
    TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck. Do some practice tests and tackle the hell out of the material that you got wrong... And actually memorize your new learned material. I cannot stress this enough lol
  • Options
    jimdandy1jimdandy1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Positive Vibes sent your way- breathe deep and conquer every question!
  • Options
    Update:

As some of y'all may know, I have been enduring a rather difficult situation with my Student Mentor @ WGU. I unfortunately cannot schedule my exam until that situation has been remedied.

I will keep everyone here posted.
  • Options
    Passed the Security+ an hour or so ago! Onward to the next certs!
    Thank you everyone for your support!
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    congrats earonw49! any advice?
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    jesscole76jesscole76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of Luck- Same material I am using
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Grats! Any advice for upcoming test takers?
  • Options
    cdx wrote: »
    congrats earonw49! any advice?

I definitely would encourage you to study the heck out of network security and cryptology. About 40% of my test was pretaining to cryptology and network security methods.

Expect 6-7 simulations configuring networks for security, naming different type of attacks using scenarios, different types of security methods on devices etc.

Honestly this exam will be easy if you KNOW the material, take your time during the test and not rush it.

Know your ports too, this will be KEY!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Sec+ and do you mean Cryptography?
  • Options
    jimdandy1jimdandy1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats - and great job! You're giving those of us who are still struggling much needed hope!
  • Options
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing your Sec+ and do you mean Cryptography?

Indeed, haha! I was on my phone at the time. Thank you! Good luck on your studies!