Starting the journey...

AkiiiAkiii Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
It's been a while that I posted here but I finally decided to give a start to CCIE R&S. I am in the process of gathering all the materials, reading blogs & forums trying to get all the info that I can. I purchased new the v5 OCG, MPLS fundamentals, IPv6 fundamentals along with some INE and CBT videos.

I'm a bit confused whether should I restudy all the CCNA, CCNP stuff or directly just follow the blueprint. Seems that the INE ATC videos are a good start to go over the old topics again.

~r

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Welcome to the ground floor. You are about to embark on a long journey, I should know :)

The best tip I can give you - log all your hours labbing and reading and be committed. Schedule time everyday for study.

If your expiry on your current certs isn't for a while then I wouldn't bother redoing them. You already have a solid foundation within which to build up your extened learning. Keep coming back and posting in this thread, even if you don't have much to report - it will help keep your mind on it, even if you haven't done much work towards your goal.

Without prying too much - do you have a wife/children to look after? Getting the buy in from family is key.

Most of all, good luck. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need any help with any aspect of the exam.

FWIW, INE videos are a great starting point also. Get the OCG books and get reading. :)
  • ScalesScales Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Akii - you should probably get Routing TCP/IP Vol1 and Vol2. Everyone mentions these as the bible of routing.
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I just started toward the CCIE and am hoping to get it finished by the end of the year, or early next year...you can never go wrong following the blueprint.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE