Options

CCNP Collaboration

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They should do video as a 2 test add-on, with CCNP:Voice being the prereq.

And Yeah, cost is the major problem... I know if it was my business I wouldn't touch the Cisco enterprise video stuff, so it's hard to argue.

not to mention the fact that I'm tired of explaining to high level exes why Skype isn't a viable option on their 65" conference room TVs lol
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    You might find that you have to do CCNA Collaboration first. Not 100% sure seeing as you already hold a CCNP Voice but it is a prerequisite for CCNP Collab.

If you go into the migration tool and select all of the ccnp voice exams that you passed the only test that comes up to migrate to CCNP collab is CIPTV2 so I don't think you have to worry about ccna collab. If it was a prerequisite I think they would list it along side CITPV2 exam requirement to migrate.
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Yea you are probably right, I can't imagine why they'd want someone with a CCNP to sit a CCNA exam of essentially the same track.
  • Options
    Yea I'm hoping to be done with my CCNP Voice before the transition. I had a talk with the head of iPexpert and after my suggestions they thought I had great ideas which may lead them to start working on the CIPTV2 first for the CCNP Voice crowd to quickly transition. I hope by then they have there VCS vm's accessible because ccnp collaboration looks mighty expensive software wise.
  • Options
    ampdeckampdeck Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    I have found out that if you have a valid CCNP Voice then you can migrate to CCNP Collaboration by taking the CIPTV2 exam.

If you are like me and do not have a valid CCNP Voice, then you must complete the CCNA Collaboration requirements first. Either by having CCNA Voice and CCNA Video.. or a combination based on the CCNA Collaboration Migration tool.

You can still mix and match CCNP Voice and CCNP Collaboration exams as per the migration tool, as long as the pre-reqs are met.

Also looks like CCNP Collaboration is based on version 9.1 to align with CCIE Collaboration

On this note - has anyone heard wind of study material for the CIPTV2 exam in particular??? I know that CIVND CBT Nuggets have just been finalised but still can't find anything for NP Collab.

I don't think I will make the deadline to have all the CCNP Voice exams completed so I am planning my contingency by doing CIPT1 -> CAPPS -> TSHOOT -> CIVND -> CIPTV2... If I am on track then I will more than likely just do CCNP Voice and then do CIPTV2 to get both. I work with voice daily so I feel comfortable and confident (not cocky) with this plan.

ugh.. stupid deadlines.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Would anyone know if you migrate from the CCNP Voice to CCNP Collaboration with the CIPT2V2 exam will the CCNP Collab overwrite the CCNP Voice cert. The same way if you take the written for CCIE COLLAB having a CCIE Voice it migrates and overwrites the Voice and leaves you with only one CCIE vs taking the Collab Lab and having two CCIE's.

Or will you have two CCNP's (Voice and Collaboration) after you take the CIPT2V2?
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it converts it from voice to collaboration. I can try to verify.
  • Options
    I think it converts to CCNP Collab as well.

I'm sure it will be a lot of ppl (myself included) that'll take the migration path to CCNP Collab. Whats the general consensus in still listing both CCNP Voice and CCNP Collaboration on the resume just to come up in recruiter keyword searches? I'm sure it'll be more then a year or so until recruiters stop looking for CCNP Voice and start looking for CCNP Collab.
  • Options
    simmohamedbsimmohamedb Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all

I am looking for a self study... I am new to Voice/Collaboration. Please advice me to setup a home lab for preparing ccnp collaboration. My long term goal is certify CCIE.

Please help me ...
  • Options
    The good news is that they are actually doing a Cisco Press book for each of the new exams in the Collaboration track. Within the current Voice track there are only OCG books out for CCNA Voice, CVoice and CIPT1/2...nothing for TShoot or CAPPS.

I'm sick and tired of seeing Cisco tracks that don't have the relevant bloody training materials available. I mean the DC track is a good example, probably the most popular up and coming track at the moment and there is not one flipping book out for the CCNP exams? Yet, there are books for all of the CCNP Wireless exams?! I've never even met a CCNP Wireless!

Anyway, as soon as I've got CCNP RS out of the way then I can get on with the Collab exams, the books should come out at just the right time for me.
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    The good news is that they are actually doing a Cisco Press book for each of the new exams in the Collaboration track. Within the current Voice track there are only OCG books out for CCNA Voice, CVoice and CIPT1/2...nothing for TShoot or CAPPS.

I'm sick and tired of seeing Cisco tracks that don't have the relevant bloody training materials available. I mean the DC track is a good example, probably the most popular up and coming track at the moment and there is not one flipping book out for the CCNP exams? Yet, there are books for all of the CCNP Wireless exams?! I've never even met a CCNP Wireless!

Anyway, as soon as I've got CCNP RS out of the way then I can get on with the Collab exams, the books should come out at just the right time for me.

The bit that annoys me a little about this is that I got an email today stating that CCNA Cloud study resources are available at a sale price!... I mean what the!! CCNP Collab was announced BEFORE CCNA Cloud was... mildly frustrating icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□

Where are you seeing the release date for the new CAPPS? I've looked on Amazon and Ciscopress and have found nothing.
  • Options
    Don't know what country you're in but in the UK it's due for release on the 28th December.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1587144476?colid=3EX7F87PCBUTC&coliid=I1NN3RKFY6MKRL&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl
  • Options
    ameame Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just preordered from Amazon and all it says is
    Pre-order

This title has not yet been released.

Referencing: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video, Part 2 (CIPTV2) Foundation Learning Guide (CCNP Collaboration Exam 300-075 CIPTV2) (3rd Edition) (Foundation Learning Guides) 3rd Edition

by Alex Hannah (Author), Akhil Behl (Author)

I only have TVoice left on the Migration path. I don't think it is possible to bust out 3 exams before Oct. 20th but I also don't want to wait until January to just begin studying......grrrr
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    I wonder if the CCIE Collaboration will have any added content in the near future since as it currently seems ccnp collaboration seems more up to date and relevant content wise in comparison to ccie collaboration.
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone. This may or may not be the right board but you guys seem to know what you're talking about. I have a Nortel Telecom background with a few other tech support roles here and there. I have actually done some basic Video conferencing tasks years ago also with a picturetel Venue 2000. Anyway I am currently in a level 1 telecom/network infrastructure role right now, been there for close to two years. Assist with upgrading and basic troubleshooting of the Cisco switches around the refinery. I really would love to pursue the Collaboration track after I get my CCENT. Do any of you feel I have to get CCNP R/S down first before Collab. My thought is maybe get CCNA R/S done and start right on the Collab track. I wish one day they could just have two test, CCENT and one test for ccnp r/s lol. Anyway I just had this on my mind driving me wild. I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    I think it's always good to have the fundamental networking - however it's you don't need to have CCNP RS knowledge before doing any of the Collaboration exams. My mate passed his CCIE Collaboration lab about 4 months ago, he only has a CCNA RS.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much Alex90. Thats pretty much what I was thinking. My gut feeling is saying get Ccna r/s and just going straight for the Ccna Collab tests.
  • Options
    Anybody know if there is a last day to upgrade a CCNP Voice to Collaboration? I’ll be taking the CIPTv2 test at some point but it looks like the book has been pushed back again – says April 3rd now.
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Anybody know if there is a last day to upgrade a CCNP Voice to Collaboration? I’ll be taking the CIPTv2 test at some point but it looks like the book has been pushed back again – says April 3rd now.

I don't think there is a cut of date as yet, I certainly haven't seen or heard anything if there is one. I guess it would be whenever your CCNP Voice expires?
  • Options
    I don't think there is a cut of date as yet, I certainly haven't seen or heard anything if there is one. I guess it would be whenever your CCNP Voice expires?

Yeah, that's the thing... It should expire 3/2017 but the certification tracking website no longer lists the expiration date for the NP Voice. The cert is simply listed under the prereq items for NP collaboration now.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Thats what sucks for me, mine's expires in March. I'm going to spam the test until I pass. I'm doing some video installs now, so I'm going to use that knowledge and the SRND's to pass. I've bought the VCE exam simulator to make practice test. I have about 30 questions now. I hope to get up to 100 by the end of the weekend. Every time I read something that looks like it could be on the exam I copy and paste it from the SRND or Admin guide into VCE.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Hey Showdown, what do you think of the current state of the voip market? I see reports that a lot of companies are adopting the cloud based format via lync which allows full integration. I read that cisco is trying to come into that market with spark but idk they may lose out since there is so much competition nowadays. I am in the NYC tristate market and don't see many voice job postings anymore. Seems the stuff thats hot is wireless/security/rs. Any Voip roles now seems to be admin work. Due to the deadline and other projects I just was only able to complete CVOICE and CIPT1 before expiration. I'm not even sure if I want to finish the track due to a possible market shift.
  • Options
    I’m in CT near NY border and there is no shortage of VoIP jobs here. I don’t see anyone switching from CUCM to Lync to be honest. I do see people moving to hosted Call Manager environments.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I still get a lot of calls these days, and your right a lot of them are admin roles, but I get a hell of a lot of calls for building out systems. Even building out large hosted systems. It kinda just depends on how strong your resume is written. Voice system often have to be upgraded every few years so there is always work. We should all be trying to expand on what we do. The reality is that VoIP will slow down so we should have answers to that problem. For example I offer my own hosted/cloud solution that I have been working on for a while.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    I think it also depends how you market yourself. I consider myself (now anyway) as a network engineer who does voice, but I also do R&S and security. At least that way if the voice market dries up I still have options. For me this is a reality as I am no longer in a role where I just do one technology, and I can see this will be the way jobs will go in the future - at least in the UK.