Options

CCNA voice retiring Aug 14

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Its probably passable without any kit right? Otherwise I can't see many people going for it...

You can pass ccna r&s w/o a kit, but voice does require some hands-on / lab practice to really understand this stuff. Imho.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    You can pass ccna r&s w/o a kit, but voice does require some hands-on / lab practice to really understand this stuff. Imho.

you aren't going to understand CUCM or CUCME without some hands-on. That said, does anyone know how much difference there is between 8.6 and 10.5? I seem to remember when they updated the CCIE that people were saying you needed an ISR G2 with PVDM3s to support Video.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    SurfriderSurfrider Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    I am not sure I am correct but I am seeing a $100.00 drop in Cisco 2811's on Ebay. I am wondering if this is due to the CCNA voice being retired ?
    in addition, Since Cisco has decided they are changing CCNA Voice to "Collaboration" ,which is basically voice + Video I am wondering what the hardware requirements for a home lab are going to be ??

Any thoughts ?
    What sort of kit will we need for the CCNA Collab?

It's listed right there in the PDF.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/shared/docs/collab_convergence.pdf

2900 Series Routers and PoE Switches required. $$$$

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    @the CCNA level the biggest things I could see is that now IM and presence are part of the CUCM cluster (you still have to build a server), but the integration is now much more smoother. There are some more features that have been added, but overall the changes are not huge

@ the CCNP Level, the urgent priority on route patterns, ILS, native call queuing, Having multiple local route groups can really change the way you deploy a system if you really dig deep.

As everyone has mentioned the integration of video makes things very interesting.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    niles312niles312 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

The retirement dates are now September for the Associate path, and October for Professional:

The last day to test for the CCNA Voice and CCNA Video certifications will be September 17, 2015. No new certifications for CCNA Voice and CCNA Video will be issued effective September 18, 2015.

The last day to test for the CCNP Voice certification will October 20, 2015. No new certifications for CCNP Voice will be issued effective October 21, 2015.

There is also a Collaboration Migration Tool available for both paths:
    CCNA Collaboration Exam Migration Tool - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    CCNP Collaboration Exam Migration Tool - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    niles312niles312 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For those still unsure about having a crack at the retiring exams, CBT Nuggets created a great article that's well worth a read:
    The Wisdom of Pursuing a Voice/Video Cert Now | CBT Nuggets