Options

Network rework for Cisco lab

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have all the parts to my Cisco lab and want to put it on my network. However its current setup may be a bit convoluted and needs to be changed.

Here is how it is set up now:

Cable modem plugged into router 1. I have Router 2 and 3 plugged into router 1. Router 2 runs all my home hardware and Router 3 runs my lab stuff. From Router 3 I have a network connection to a Cisco 2950 that was just used unmanaged and a Sunfire x4600 server plugged into that.

I am thinking of getting a Linksys/Cisco WRVS4400N or a CiscoRV120W router to replace the 3 router setup I am using. My thinking is that I can use VLAN's to separate the 2 networks. I picked these because I can afford them and they have wireless N. I am leaning tword the WRVS4400N because it has gigabit ports and the RV120W only has 100mb. I wanted to get the RV220W, but its a bit out of my price range. icon_sad.gif

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!