Options

Passed 801 and 802 Friday

successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. Long time lurker here.

I needed to pass the A+ exam for part of my WGU degree (IT Bus Mgmt), so I took it Friday after about a month of off and on study. It really took me awhile to get into the groove to study for this, because I am NOT interested in hardware or PC building, et cetera. I am the ISO for a large health company and do security assessments and other "auditing" for vulnerabilities, along with being prior military for 10 years and working at other large orgs. My point? I couldn't get into "wanting" to learn again the pins of RAM, and other things, but I had to buckle down and get it done.
icon_study.gif

I used ExamCram, and Darril Gibson's book, and ExamCompass. Most of the material was pretty much covered by these. Some Quizlet's were helpful as well. Anyway, done! Thanks for the info and help here!icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on completing your A+ certification towards your WGU degree!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Did you pass the 801 and going to take the 802 this coming Friday? I take my 802 exam next Friday (03/06/15) and hope to pass. Anyway, congrats again on the 801 pass.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Armitron77 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Did you pass the 801 and going to take the 802 this coming Friday? I take my 802 exam next Friday (03/06/15) and hope to pass. Anyway, congrats again on the 801 pass.

Thanks!
    I did them the same day (801 and 802). Good luck today!