Options

My ICND1 WAS scheduled for Today....

JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, it was scheduled for today but due to inclement weather my testing center is closed. I called Pearson Vue just now and they said I had to wait 3-5 business days to reschedule....Does this sound right???

They said that since I want to reschedule without notifying them within 24 hours this is how it goes....Umm, I didn't get a 24 hour notice that my testing center, which is 90 miles away, would be closed. Just frustrated right now with Pearson Vue...
B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
Working on CISSP

Comments

• Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    I was almost in your shoes yesterday when I arrived at my local testing center. The proctor told me I was lucky to arrive when I did (early for my 3:00pm appointment). He said they were about to close for the day because it was "slow." icon_surprised.gif
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    siggnation wrote: »
    I was almost in your shoes yesterday when I arrived at my local testing center. The proctor told me I was lucky to arrive when I did (early for my 3:00pm appointment). He said they were about to close for the day because it was "slow." icon_surprised.gif

What??? lol, A testing closing down because they are "slow" that day, when they have more people scheduled... Sounds like someone there needs to be fired.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't blame you for being pissed. Just don't let it get in your way. Reschedule and bang out that test.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had similar situations happen twice with Prometric (Microsoft).

#1 -- I arrived to find the test center had gone out of business. I had received no notice. Prometric let me reschedule.
    #2 -- Different test center with a lack of visitor parking. I worried the entire time my vehicle would be towed. Failed the exam.
    #3 -- I tried a 3rd different test center. When I arrived, I was told the test center was closed and that Prometric shouldn't have let me schedule for that date and time. I tried to reschedule with Prometric, but they said that since the test center didn't file a ticket, I would have to pay again. It took two additional trips to the test center to finally get a "ticket" indicating the test center was closed, allowing me to reschedule free of charge.
    #4 -- This time I tried a 4th different test center. Thankfully, this one had decent parking and most importantly was still in business and open. I passed.

[EDIT] I don't know why you'd have to wait 3-5 days to reschedule. Cisco's policy is you have to wait 6 days (5 days + the day of the test) to retake an exam you failed, but you didn't fail the exam. The 24 hour rule (you have to pay again if you reschedule within 24 hours) shouldn't apply if the test center was closed or down. You should be able to reschedule free of charge with no waiting period.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dude Pearson Vue isn't as bad as Prometric, but they can still be crooks.

There was a glitch when I took the ICND2, and I was soooo pissed. I didn't even get to the NDA agreement screen! They took like 6 weeks to get me another voucher. At that point though, I made a 986. Also, my online account has been broken since then. Whenever I want to schedule a test, I have to call.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dude Pearson Vue isn't as bad as Prometric, but they can still be crooks.

Prometric are horrible. I have never had a problem with Pearson aside from the absurdly small screens/ancient computers many test centers use (both Pearson and Prometric). I've only used two different test centers with Pearson mainly because they generally use more reliable test centers like community colleges rather than a converted walk-in-closet at some fly by night IT training place.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well after another phone call to Pearson Vue I actually got someone on the phone who was helpful. I was ready to start arguing with him but he got me rescheduled for next Tuesday. I guess I'll do some more practice labs...
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its really the Corporate Prometric testing centers that give it a bad name.. it's just unbelievable what they do to " Protect or Secure the testing process "

I feel for you.. It sucks when you are ready to take a test and you cant take it or you gotta wait.. Thats the worse feeling ever in obtaining certifications.