Options

Have you ever seen a gap in your organization and just transitioned into that role?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Yesterday we had a botched release and it was due to limited process and a poor communication plan. I wrote up a way to execute with less risk and higher rate of success (I've done this a lot in my career) and now I've been tasked to manage all software projects on our team.

From requirements to testing - delivery. It's more than just requirements, which is fine with me and takes away some of my technical task which is fine as well. After creating 200 reports it gets kind of old, but delivering project after project and with software is my favorite.

So i thought I would share some good news with the board.

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    See a need, fill a need

First rule of business...
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lovely lovely lovely...good way to get noticed come increment time. It's good you are in an organisation that allows you the freedom to come up with initiatives :)
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That great to hear! You were proactive about addressing an issue outside of your own responsibilities and management recognized it. Whether or not it is a lateral promotion is another story. But that is how I came into my current position I started as a Network Tech and seen that the network was in disarray. Our network was managed by an outside consultant which was crap. I assessed the need and found a resolution and we already had the equipment. I restructured the Network and Voip addressing the issues. Now I am responsible for the entire Network/Security/Voip infrastructure.
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    First rule of business...

You don't talk about business?
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Yes and no, I've seen the gap and made suggestions unfortunately I just got those tasks added to my day to day job responsibilities.... Did you make a business case for this?
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    jamthat wrote: »

No, no no. It's "We don't talk about business club"....
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jamthat wrote: »

Second rule of business...
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    philz1982 wrote: »
    Yes and no, I've seen the gap and made suggestions unfortunately I just got those tasks added to my day to day job responsibilities.... Did you make a business case for this?

Of course :D

They wouldn't take me seriously without one.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no more ?!?

I-don039t-always-test-my-code...-Imgur-239x300.jpg
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA