Options

CCENT exam this morning, wish me luck

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
I bought an early expiration ICDN voucher hoping to get my CCENT before I begin my classes @ WGU. The voucher expires on March 4th, so I booked it for today hoping to get my Cisco transcripts into WGU before March 1st (we'll see).

I've been studying hard for the past 2 weeks, but I haven't done much of any labbing :S and that has me worried. I feel comfortable with everything apart from the CLI and OSPF. I've memorized my subnetting chart and think I'm prepared. If anyone has any last minute pointers, please share them now :D

I'll let you guys know how it goes later today.

H3||scr3am

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck!
    I am not a fan of cramming so my best advice is to be early and relax. Of course you have a few certifications so you probably already know your exam routines.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck today!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. Be careful with those labs!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    chanttchantt Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. Just read the labs carefully. The multiple choice questions shouldn't be an issue, it's just 'dem labs!

I get anxiety on test days. Best thing I can do for myself is to feel prepared; try to project the image of myself being successful, that I know this!
    Studying for the 200-101 ICND2 exam. Shooting for early June.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck!! from others it sounds like subnetting is a big part of the exam so you might do alright.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Go knock it out the park!
  • Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, Donkey Kong slam that exam. :P
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • Options
    estela1estela1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck! I have tomorrow an interview for this position! Wish me luck too! icon_cheers.gif awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Options
    jem7skjem7sk Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck.. so how did it go?
  • Options
    Did not pass today...definitely not a fan of Cisco exams... no chance to flag a question for review or return to them...damn. I will definitely not be pursuing a career in Cisco technologies lol. I got close but not close enough 762/1000 needed 804. Guess I'll study and lab some more and try again in my time at WGU... thanks for all the well wishes guys.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    OUCH so close!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah you can't go back to questions once it is answered.

Don't give up though - you were close!
  • Options
    OUCH so close!
    good luck on yours March 6th.
  • Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    What were your weak points?
  • Options
    chanttchantt Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ugh hurts to not pass and be so close. Not being able to review questions is annoying. I am reviewing my CCENT material and then going to start studying for CCNA (ICND2). If you want to form a study group at any point just let me know!
    Studying for the 200-101 ICND2 exam. Shooting for early June.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can agree it's unfortunate you can't go back in the questions, however don't let that be the reason you don't pursue the Cisco network realm.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Scream-- sorry to hear, very close. Which sections did you experience the most trouble? Were you too slow with subnet block sizes, higher multiplication tables of 2?

Best,
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    I can agree it's unfortunate you can't go back in the questions, however don't let that be the reason you don't pursue the Cisco network realm.

Well sadly it's HORRIBLY off-putting (that gut wrenching feeling when you click the next button, and happen to read that last option and want to go back and change your answer....) to me, and I will not pursue Cisco any further then CCNA & CCNA:Sec from schooling. I don't want to setup/own a lab, and I don't want to be a Network Admin, I'm more into the Security side of things...

@siggnation

my weakpoints according to the print out were Network Device Security 37% and Troubleshooting 53% all other sections were in the high 60s to 80s.

Subnetting and such, I just mentally dumped out a subnetting chart and used that, quick, accurate, and simple.
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    Well sadly it's HORRIBLY off-putting (that gut wrenching feeling when you click the next button, and happen to read that last option and want to go back and change your answer....) to me, and I will not pursue Cisco any further then CCNA & CCNA:Sec from schooling. I don't want to setup/own a lab, and I don't want to be a Network Admin, I'm more into the Security side of things...

@siggnation

my weakpoints according to the print out were Network Device Security 37% and Troubleshooting 53% all other sections were in the high 60s to 80s.

Subnetting and such, I just mentally dumped out a subnetting chart and used that, quick, accurate, and simple.

Gotcha. Bummer man, but you're well on your way, no doubt. For the troubleshooting section, I would recommend getting very acquainted with IOS #show commands. Show interfaces , show ip ospf database, show cdp neighbors , etc...
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    Yeah, I tried the show cdp neighbours in a sim and it wasn't even enabled... but was still listed in the show ? command... irksome. But yes, as stated I need a lot more time doing Sims before my next attempt to get more familiar with the IOS command line for sure, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you try "show cdp neighbors" or "show cdp neighbours"? confused.png
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Did you try "show cdp neighbors" or "show cdp neighbours"? confused.png
    I actually did try them both, It's a Canadian thing, that extra u, sorry lol.

I also couldn't get brief to work, so every time I did show interfaces, I had pages of output to look through :S
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wait a minute. Maybe run cdp enable or cdp run AND THEN do sh cdp de ne
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    dewey haftadewey hafta Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't quit. Keep after it.

I failed my first attempt at the CCNA 2 weeks ago - by 4 points. The most demoralizing part was that the last question was a simulation and i missed it. I knew what I had to do, but realized that I was using the wrong command about 40 seconds before the exam was over. Then failed by 4 points.

I was so mad - mainly at myself because I decided to bang my head against a command that obviously wasn't working. I got back on the horse, studied my weak areas that were noted in my results and took it a week later (this past Thursday). Passed with 945.

My point is that now you have, like I did going into my second attempt, a better feel for how the exam presents itself. You know what to expect at this point and you know that you are weak in a few areas. Brush up on those weak spots and get back in there and kill it!
  • Options
    Bitman18Bitman18 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you got the "% CDP is not enabled" after running the sh cdp nei command, type the cdp run command and that will turn on cdp for you. Then you can do a sh cdp nei command to see the discovered devices. You can get through the exam. Just stay persistent and focus on learning the CLI and find some simulation practice labs that you can work through. If you don't want to shell out the $$$ for a lab then I would buy Packet Tracer Network Simulator. You can get free lab files from Cisco Packet Tracer 6.1 labs | labs. Good luck!