Options

1 Week till test...

MeiluyMeiluy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've scheduled my exam for the ICND1 (CCENT) next week, and am getting ready to go into full preparation mode. I've been acing the practice exams from ****.net, and can do their little lab samples they have set up pretty regularly now. I've noticed, however, that my weakness appears to be on what commands to memorize fully. I've been told that the labs in the exam are done in flash, so knowing all the shortcuts and how to look up commands is worthless for it.

What would you say are the top ten or twenty commands to have memorized for the exam? Aside from the obvious of Enable and Configure Terminal, of course.
Certifications: CCENT (ICND1)
Next Certification: Comptia A+

Comments

• Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Tab completion and question mark listing of possible commands works in the lab portions of the test.
  • Options
    Really? Awesome! I'll keep that in mind when prepping then. Ok then, out of curiosity, are there any commands you'd recommend remembering anyways?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If your acing the exams on a **** site you'll probably do just fine.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Best of luck on your exam on the 6th, sir!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd work on remembering the commands to do the following:
    setup passwords
    setup SSH
    setup NAT/PAT
    the show commands to troubleshoot ACLs, Interface issues, CDP, NAT, PAT, OSPF, etc.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You know your "practice exams" you've been taking are going to be questions right off the real exam? That is why this site blocked out the name of the site with ****. Its considered cheating. I'm assuming you'll score very high on your exam for that reason.