Options

online CCNA training courses?

careerchangercareerchanger Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm looking into the CCNA certification. I'd like to take some type of class to prepare for the certification. I've seen some 5 day bootcamps but I don't think those would be right for me.

Right now I'm considering some type of online class such as these two

Cisco® CCNA® Certification Training - Online Career Training Program | ed2go

http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/information-technology/cisco-networking-certificate.aspx#

just some personal background, I have a liberal arts bachelor's degree. I've also taken some CS classes at my local community college. I have worked in tech companies for several years, mostly in the customer support field but recently transitioned to a junior administrator role. Then I got laid off. icon_sad.gif So now I have some free time.

any thoughts on the two courses I linked above or can anyone recommend any other online CCNA courses?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well with the costs of those two options, I think you could get FAR more from purchasing actual equipment and resources to study if you're driven and self motivated. If you feel you need the structure of a classroom environment then give them a try, but I have never tried either of those options.

My suggestions:

Videos:
    Chris Bryant CCNA 2015 Udemy Course $19
    Cisco Videos

Books:
    Cisco Press

And then I suggest you buy some used Cisco switches and equipment to lab with, but I'm fairly certain you could for the $10K pricetag of that Kaplan course, safely get the CCENT, CCNA R & S, and some others, possibly even the CCNP if you so desired, a personal lab to play and experiment will help you far more then a classroom education in my eyes.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What this guy said ^^. Just make sure you read the books and do the videos though and not just the videos. If you can't afford the switches (You can find a couple 2950s for 15-20 a piece online used. Routers fairly cheap too for the right mode) get a copy of Cisco Packet Tracer. It'll do all you need for the CCNA level. Good luck :)
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []