Options

CCNA vs ICND1+2

ElevenpogElevenpog Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but:

I'm leaning towards doing ICND1 for the CCENT, and then wrapping up ICND2 later. I've been working IT for just over 4 years now so I think it'll be fairly easy (yes I'll need to study).

My question is, if I do the ICND1+2 route, are you given a CCNA cert once you pass #2? Or do you just say "I passed ICND1+2"?

Would you have to get your CCENT, and then take the actual CCNA exam to get a CCNA?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Elevenpog wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but:

I'm leaning towards doing ICND1 for the CCENT, and then wrapping up ICND2 later. I've been working IT for just over 4 years now so I think it'll be fairly easy (yes I'll need to study).

My question is, if I do the ICND1+2 route, are you given a CCNA cert once you pass #2? Or do you just say "I passed ICND1+2"?

Would you have to get your CCENT, and then take the actual CCNA exam to get a CCNA?

Thanks in advance.

If you decide to take the 2-test path (ICND1+ICND2) and pass both; you'll become CCNA:R & S certified. You can take the 1 composite exam route, 200-120 and pass that to obtain CCNA: R&S in one swoop.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I plan to do the 1 swoop method, sounds a lot cooler. Swoooooop!
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I plan to do the 1 swoop method, sounds a lot cooler. Swoooooop!

Keep in mind that the for the 2 path approach you will have to pay $150 and $150. So if you pass/fail CCENT you will be out $150. Whereas if you go the 1 path approach you will have to pay $300 if you pass/fail your CCNA. Yes, both paths will cost you $300 for the CCNA, but a lot of people would rather take the 2 path approach because they already gain something in the first try and also from what I've read the 1 path approach has more material to cover, whereas the 2 path approach has the specific material for the ICND1+ICND2.