Options

Very Last Day to register for RHEL 6

And I did. Both exams.

Comments

• Options
    kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just passed the RHCSA in December and signed up for the RHCE this week. I'll probably take the full year to study for it. And start a blog to track my configuration progress.
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Great, I will be on the lookout for it. Not any where near ready, but I had no choice if I wanted 6.
  • Options
    asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    Worth noting that on the verify certificate page - it will display the version you passed on under Technologies used.
  • Options
    I did not take the test yet, I just registered for it so I could get in under the deadline.
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Registered for rhcsa v6 too, will have to do rhce in v7.
  • Options
    I registered for both, so that maybe it will force myself to study. Unlike Linux+, this one scares me, but I will be 65 this year and it is on my bucket list.
  • Options
    It's interesting that a RHCE is on your bucket list, brownwrap. The RHCSA is very attainable I think for most people. Especially those who have finished linux+ cause most of it's that hurdle of knowing how to work the command line. And I'd follow Jang's book really closely. He covers all the topics you'll need.

I might be the only one who likes track the time I spend on this stuff too, so if it helps, I actually studied about 30 hours or so for the RHCSA in August, put the book down for a few months, then came back and redid those RHCSA chapters again for another 20 or so. It helped to see it all again twice, but I'm really really new to *nix OSes. It's really very comparable to the total time you'll put into something like the 2 linux+ exams (which took me around 50 hours combined).
  • Options
    I just got an email from Exitcertified that said Red Had was not honoring my order. I clearly place it on February 28th, Exitcertified say Red Hat stopped taking orders the 27th. Nothing was ever said about the 27th, it was always the end of February, and by my calendar, that was the 28th. I am more than upset.
  • Options
    I guess the big question is, did redhat take your money?
  • Options
    I actually forget which credit card I used. I really don't know whose fault this is, because Exitcertified didn't place the order until March 2. So Red Hat can say they didn't meet the deadline. Right away the says guy starts pushing RHEL 7. No thanks, that was the whole point in placing my order Saturday in the first place.
  • Options
    Ah, I follow. You placed the order through someone other than redhat. Although, looking at my email I registered directly on the website on the 24th. Redhat finished my order the next day on the 25th.
  • Options
    I contacted Red Hat and they told me to contact Exitcertified. I suspect Exitcertified dropped the ball, since he first tod me they wouldn't budge and then said he would try again. We have a big account with Red Hat and I will contact my salesman tomorrow. He may not do anything, but I like ruffling feathers. I already contacted Red Hat a bit ago, and I will try and dig up the email that said the end of February, but if Exitcertified didn't place the order until March 2nd, I may not have any recourse.
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brownwrap wrote: »
    I registered for both, so that maybe it will force myself to study. Unlike Linux+, this one scares me, but I will be 65 this year and it is on my bucket list.
    I wish i could afford both..that would certainly be double pressure!

brownwrap wrote: »
    but if Exitcertified didn't place the order until March 2nd, I may not have any recourse.

that would be unfortunate
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Jeez! What an unfortunate circumstance. Although, I have to ask the question, why wait until the last minute? I'd have to assume you had a very good reason to do so. I hope everything works out for you. I plan to take both exams in version 7 anyway. Probably will do it next year after Jang's new book comes out.
  • Options
    I figured since I was carding it, I didn't want it to show up any sooner than it had to. I don't plan to take it any time soon, but wanted RHEL 6. If they had made it clear that it was February the 27th, I would have put that day on my calendar.
  • Options
    Both Red Hat and the sales guy have been in touch with me this morning. It looks like they will honour my registration. I have until February 27, 2016 to take both tests. Now all I need to do is grow some new brain cells.
  • Options
    Good news. At least I won't be the only one targeting the rhce on rhel6 here at the last minute. As I mentioned, I'm thinking quite a bit about blogging about the experience of the RHCE to track my progress. Too many servers and services to try to know inside and out without taking serious notes. There's also a really nice post from Xavor in the Linux+ forum about a lab setup with spacewalk and puppet I've been itching to try (after completing the VCP).
  • Options
    I will search for the Spacewalk post. I spent a good part of this afternoon with Spacewalk, but couldn't get beyond the Postgres install. I attended Scale 13 and had planned to attend a day long Puppet session, but it was over booked by 30 or so people. We currently use Red Hat paid for version of Spacewalk, but I didn't set it up.