Options

JNCIA-Junos Passed!

zcamerozcamero Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not too bad...now on to the JNCIS-ENT. My study consisted of the two PDF's, the practice test on the Juniper website, and the JUNOS Genius app. Any suggestions for the next step as far as studying?

Comments

• Options
    davin12davin12 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zcamero wrote: »
    Not too bad...now on to the JNCIS-ENT. My study consisted of the two PDF's, the practice test on the Juniper website, and the JUNOS Genius app. Any suggestions for the next step as far as studying?

Congrats!

I,m going to write this exam (JNCIA) hopefully soon. I'm also preparing for my CCNP Switch exam. Basically, my question how long did it take you to prepare for the exam? I have the networking theory down pretty good as it is, so just focusing more on getting comfortable with the JUNO OS. I'm too reading the Juniper pdf at the Mo.
    Good Luck with the JNCIS-ENT!!
  • Options
    zcamerozcamero Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!
    My job paid for a two day class and then I took it two weeks later. To be honest the class didn't provide much more than I would have got from just reading the two PDFs on the Juniper site. Since you already have the CCNA you have the fundamentals. I would think you should be able to study those two pdfs and do the JUNOS Genius questions and probably be ready in a month. Some familiarization of the CLI would be great if you can get ahold of a router or load an Olive.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    Congrats. It definitely gets harder from here. My suggestion is to pick up the courseware for the relevant classes for JNCIS-ENT. The education services material from Juniper is excellent. Also rent some Junosphere time if you don't have access to Junos devices. Good luck!