Options

Wireless charging

PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
http://s3.amazonaws.com/energous/video/wattup-ces-2015-demo-sm.mp4

WattUp: Putting a Wireless Charge Into Your Device - Bloomberg Business

Anyone see this yet?

Just wait until it's solar powered roads that can charge your electric car while your driving....
A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
A+, Network+, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Wireless charging devices have been out for a few years now, there are quite a few of them, you can charge your phones and other small electronics with, I bought one for my Dad 3 years ago for Christmas.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you watch the video? I was under the impression those "wireless" chargers only worked when you had your phone sitting on them. I didn't think they charged from 15ft-30ft away.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Priston wrote: »
    Did you watch the video? I was under the impression those "wireless" chargers only worked when you had your phone sitting on them. I didn't think they charged from 15ft-30ft away.

Did you notice the date on one of those videos? It was March 28th, which was at least a year ago. Wireless charging and wireless AC has been around for a while now.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.