Options

Passed SSCP!

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I finished studying and was going to register for the exam in a weeks' time, so I could review/practice more, but when I checked it was either in 2 days or in 3 weeks! I didn't want to wait 3 weeks so I booked first available spot. I studied and reviewed like a zombie, some coffee, no sleep. I actively prepared for 3 weeks after passing two A+ exams, Feb. 8 and prior to that I had been slowly preparing for CISSP.

I used a lot of resources including Transender, StudiScope, Gibson, ExamCram, etc.

As far as experience is concerned, my work as network admin may be covered by Network/Telecom domain. Anybody care to shed some light on network/telecom requirements? Does it have to be purely security-related?

Thanks to all and continuing wisdom, support :)

Comments

• Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations !!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!icon_cheers.gif
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used a lot of resources including Transender, StudiScope, Gibson, ExamCram, etc.

Congrats on the pass. I'll be taking the SSCP after Security+. If I can ask, what practice tests were generally the best (or simulated the exam best)

Regards,

Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hi orlando, just to let you know i read here a while back that the studioscope questions were the most closely related. I purchased a set today and can see the difference compared to questions from the books. Link below, someone else may have more info on other question banks.

https://www.expresscertifications.com/ISC2/Catalog.aspx
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your SSCP!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□