Options

is 1 month reasonable for sscp after security+...?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi folks,

For anyone who has went the sec+, sscp route. Do you think 1 month is a decent time to get it sat considering the
overlap between the two exams and while its fresh in my head?

Comments

• Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I think it is very achievable !
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    i have alot of downtime in work at the moment so going to put in 5/6 hours a day for the next month. want to try sit it before April 15th.
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    That's what I did. Knocked out Security+ and got my SSCP a month later (27 days to be exact.)
  • Options
    Khaos1911 wrote: »
    That's what I did. Knocked out Security+ and got my SSCP a month later (27 days to be exact.)

good stuff, did you find it much harder than sec+ ?
    i remember some time back someone said its a totally different animal compared to security+, having my doubts now icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @eddo1;

Depends on your own ability to "cool down" after an exam. The tougher, more difficult exams require me to take up to several months before starting to study for the next "big challenge". Going from Security+ to SSCP is only a small step further in difficulty so review up and take it when your feeling fresh enough to do so.

- b/eads
  • Options
    you are right, i will press ahead and book it in for 13 april. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    You can do it !
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm hoping so. I bought Gibsons AIO for the SSCP about a month ago, and I haven't had a chance to read past the opening chapter. I took my Sec+ in November, so once I finish this quarter in school in a couple weeks I'm going to study hard for a solid month for SSCP and refresh some Sec+ stuff, then take the exam probably April 11.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Depends whether you will study full time or just part time. Regardless, use lots of CISSP resources as there's not much books for SSCP, except Darril, and that boring OG (haaa, chapter on Operations is best sleeping pill).
  • Options
    j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If i had to do it again, i probably wouldnt of done both exams as I dont think there is a big enough gap between the 2 to justify the time and cost, when I could of been studying for something else.