Options

Which Boson material is sufficient?

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good evening all,

Studies are going well for my CCENT and I have heard that many people use the Boson material when preparing for their exams. So I took a look at their site and there are many products to choose from. Can anybody suggest on what I should get? I see that they also offer a lab and curriculum pack as well.
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill

Comments

• Options
    JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Nafe,

I bought the ExSim package that included the practices tests for both the ICND1 and the ICND2 because I planned on getting my CCNA. It looks like you are too according to your signature so I would get the package deal. These practice tests were by far the best I used. I tried the ones that came with Wendell's book and the CCNA book by Sybex but I preferred Boson's.

200-120 CCNA Routing and Switching Practice Exam | Boson

I haven't used their NetSim product so I can't comment on that but I did have access to packet tracer for lab work.

I hope this helps and good luck :)
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    tecnodog7tecnodog7 Member Posts: 129
    NetSim is absolutely awesome.

I'm sure everything that can be done in NetSim can be done in Packet Tracer as well but it's nicely laid out with directions of what to be done and also shows answers with explanation.

I really enjoy doing labs on NetSim.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. Gonna download the Netsim demo and may purchase it if I'm satisfied.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill