Options

Test administrators SHOULD NOT see our result!

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
With all emphasis on 'privacy and confidentiality', I'm amazed how after you finish an exam, a printout it sent to test admin who will quickly check if you passed or failed!

Pretty sure some will argue it's fine, but except for candidate and exam vendor no 'middleman' such as test center staff should see our results.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, results should be confidential, either e-mailed or snail mailed, or perhaps just seen on the computer screen?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Who says they should not? Unless the exam board have stated that the test centre staff are not able to see the results then they can see them and this is what you sign up to when you apply to take the exam.

In all cases I know of they are not able to in any way influence or change the results, they simple take print out and hand it to you. I don't think anywhere does CISCO or Microsoft state that your results are confidential to you. Indeed as a certificate it is "owned" by the company that award it to you.

I think there are so many things to worry about at work and during exams, the possibility of the lady at the est centre knowing if I pass or fail is right down at the bottom of the list!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I couldn't care less what some random person who I don't know thinks about my test score.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was a proctor for 4 years, worse time of my life. I didn't remember 1 score, or 1 person that tested. When you make 10-11.00 hour to watch people pick their nose, scratch their scalp and have to clean their skin and hair off the workstation all day long, the last thing you give a damn about is an arbitrary number for a test you could give a ratz azz about, for a person you will more than likely ever see again. You are thinking, please show up on time, and finish early, so I can get out of this hell and catch my public transportation home.
  • Options
    ^ lol I suppose so, everyone feels differently about their privacy.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    ^ lol I suppose so, everyone feels differently about their privacy.

Privacy .. that ship has sailed ... I love how often people are worried about privacy and yet I can use their public profile on LinkedIn to built a resume / CV, use their public profile on Facebook to build a family / friend history and use Twitter to make sure at which point (s)he is out of the house. Using "all of the above" to my advantage.

You want privacy ? Get a new phone, don't share your number. Get rid of your email addresses, cancel Twitter / Facebook and the sorts, buy an old WW2 bunker which is 1000 feet under the ground and move in :)

Ever read the T&Cs of Apple / Google etc. ?

You basically sign your life over to them and allow them to do with it what they want :D:D
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    ^ I don't have a cell phone, therefore I don't have a cell number to share, I have two e-mail addresses that gets lots a spam where nobody real e-mails me, no facebook, and I kinda live in a studio with no sunlight, so its kind of like living in a bunker 1000 feet under the ground.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've never expected privacy from the test center. They certainly don't remember me.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    LOL, It's becoming a debate rooted in 'Snowdenism'.

Anybody who argues that they're not concerned that a 'random' person see their confidential information, please send me copy of your inbox (I'm just a random person).

If you called Pearson VUE or another center and ask them if it's okay for receptionist and a few other people hanging around reception look at your test result, according to some, they will probably say, "Don't worry, they are just some random people and you will never see them again". Great :)
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't personally care about the testing company but since you brought it up I did a quick Google search and found this in the NDA.

You may view your official exam score at Authenticate a Score Report Redirect within 72 hours of your exam appointment.

Cisco and/or the Testing Delivery Partner will review your exam record for scoring accuracy, for evidence of possible misconduct, and for response patterns that may suggest that your scores do not represent a valid measure of your knowledge or competence as sampled by the examination (measurement error).
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will not send you a screen shot of any of my inbox's but I will send you all my certification exam scores (including the ones I failed) if you want.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    I will not send you a screen shot of any of my inbox's but I will send you all my certification exam scores (including the ones I failed) if you want.

Well said. There should be some consideration to the value of the data you are concerned about.
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »

Yeh, give us a link to your LinkedIN page, with all test scores, including ones you failed!
  • Options
    binarysoul wrote: »

Anybody who argues that they're not concerned that a 'random' person see their confidential information, please send me copy of your inbox (I'm just a random person).

If you called Pearson VUE or another center and ask them if it's okay for receptionist and a few other people hanging around reception look at your test result, according to some, they will probably say, "Don't worry, they are just some random people and you will never see them again". Great :)

They are not random people, they are the test centre staff who's job it is to present you with your results, and your results are not confidential or yours, they are owned by the examination board. CISCO / Microsoft if they wanted to could post them for all to see on there web site, or play them on a load speaker across the country.

What makes any one think there results are confidential or belong to the person taking them?
    PRIVACY AND DELIVERY OF CERTIFICATION INFORMATION TO THIRDPARTIESCisco is a global company and may share your personal information with other Cisco officesor affiliates in the country in which you reside and in other countries. To share yourpersonal information, Cisco may transfer your information outside the European Union. Allparties with which Cisco shares your personal information are governed by this Agreementor are bound by appropriate confidentiality and data transfer agreements.

Your personal information is never shared outside Cisco without your permission, exceptunder the following conditions:

Cisco often receives requests from third parties, particularly employers, to verify anindividual’s Certification status. Cisco may, but has no obligation to, provide suchinformation about your Certification status to others. In such situations, Cisco will providethe information in its possession and will depend on you to periodically verify that suchinformation is correct. Cisco shall have no liability for providing incorrect information tothird parties in response to a proper request to verify your Certification status. Suchprocessing may include transfer of information outside the European Union.

Note in bold that Pearsons are a affiliate of Cisco so sharing information with them and there examination staff is perfectly OK, also as it says CISCO reserves the right to share your information with third parties who request it. Again your results are not confidential!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Personal information such as your address too? hmmm
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well put DevilWAH. This isn't them sharing your SSN with the world we are talking about, it's an exam score.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    Personal information such as your address too? hmmm

I would guess if they want to keep business they would not, but the agreement does not prevent them from it. Why its good to read the agreements, but also remember that these companies want to continue doing business. There are legeal agreements to stop companies doing things, but also common/good business sense.
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »

Note in bold that Pearsons are a affiliate of Cisco so sharing information with them and there examination staff is perfectly OK, also as it says CISCO reserves the right to share your information with third parties who request it. Again your results are not confidential!

There is a difference between a company sharing info with partners (which is perfectly fine) and receptionist and people around looking at an score. Also, keep in mind privacy laws aren't universal; each state/province/country has own laws.

Again, it's not what you and I think, it's whether some test centers break any rules they have with companies such as Cisco, MS to administer their exam.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeh, give us a link to your LinkedIN page, with all test scores, including ones you failed!

I am on the tech exams Group, it should take you less than 5 seconds to find me and the exams that I passed.
    If I was asked in a Job interview about the exams that I failed I will answer without any hesitation :D People do fail exams, but it would be unprofessional to advertise that on linkedin :D
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If the OP is really worried about "confidential" information on exam result (there aren't any), then stop taking exams. Problem solved.

Actually, I find it interesting that the OP doesn't have any issues with showing the test admin a photo ID. That has plenty of PII.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    There is a difference between a company sharing info with partners (which is perfectly fine) and receptionist and people around looking at an score. Also, keep in mind privacy laws aren't universal; each state/province/country has own laws.

Again, it's not what you and I think, it's whether some test centers break any rules they have with companies such as Cisco, MS to administer their exam.

two different things. The process is at most test centres that the receptionist takes a print out of your results, stamps/signs it and hands it to you. That process means that you have to assume that they will see it and is the process set out by the examination company so no rules broken. the are staff at a partner company carrying out a role that requires them to handle test results. Clearly covered in the above extract of the agreement.
    1. Pearson is a partner of cisco
    2. the receptionist is a carrying out a role on behalf of CISCO and Pearsons.
    3. part of that role requires them to handle test results and scores.

On the other hand a member of staff taking down a folder with previous test score and flicking though it for a laugh is not a activity covered by the agreement with CISCO or other and that member of staff is clearly breaking the rules.

But that is all common sense, I have never seen a receptionist waving scores around for all to see, or people standing around looking at all the scores as they come out. Yes I expect the staf to act responsibly and treat the results as confidential between the two of as best they can (but have to acknowledge other people may be in the queue or behind the desk).
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Every single test, course and rank I held in the Military is public knowledge, every single academic test I have taken in a school is public knowledge, those scores are mine, but the certifications belong to the organization that offer's them, your license to drive a vehicle does not even belong to you, it belongs to the agency issuing it. Your passport belongs to the country that issued it. Now those agencies can agree to not disclose, but when it comes to educational degrees and certifications they have never said they would not allow your information to be seen. The employers only care that you passed, they don't care what score you received, but many of them will ask to see the certification issued to you.

But to put things in perspective, ask yourself, what can a test admin actually do to you if they see your score? Nothing.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□

Bit of a stretch-comparison tbh. We are talking about your picture, an exam title, some bars with varying length and a word indicating pass or fail. How does that compare to my inbox ?

But heh - since you asked

t9jwa9.png
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    MTciscoguy wrote: »

But to put things in perspective, ask yourself, what can a test admin actually do to you if they see your score? Nothing.

well they might Laugh ;)
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    well they might Laugh ;)

Well, that does not bother me, I always enjoy entertaining others!

:D
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    well they might Laugh ;)

hahahahahahaha, that would be priceless to see! The test admin prints out your sheet, pauses for a second, then start cracking up as he hands you your failed score.
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha, that would be priceless to see! The test admin prints out your sheet, pauses for a second, then start cracking up as he hands you your failed score.

I once passed a CCNP exam with the exact sore needed, the examiner chuckled and and winked as she handed it over :).
  • Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    That "middleman" asks you for two forms of ID, and your concern is that they can see your test results for a few seconds?
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    The ladies at my favorite Pearson Vue know me by name and congratulate me for passing, then ask when i'll be back. I couldn't imagine telling them to keep their peepers off my papers lol, even if I cared (which I don't). I remember taking the CEH exam. They ask me what exam i'm taking their eyes get big and announce to the whole test center "Certified? ETHICAL? HACKER????" Sounds way cooler than real estate exams.