Options

Passed the 801 Tuesday and failed the 802 today.

SpeedCostsMoneySpeedCostsMoney Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I missed the sucker by one question! icon_rolleyes.gif I am going to take again in a couple of days. At least I have a better idea what is on the exam now. I was having a hard time finding what to focus on to study. Memorizing everything is just something I do not have the ability to do.

Comments

• Options
    What is the Best study guide for me to use, exam cram? I am retaking the test in two days.
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Myself I did use the Exam Cram book and passed without issue, it's also nicely divided into Exam 801 and Exam 802. And there is a Cram sheet tear out in the front that is very handy to look over on exam day before you take the test. Either way, I'm sure you'll get it next time! Also make sure to use the printout you got to focus on your weak areas, this'll help ensure you pass next time!
  • Options
    powdered toast manpowdered toast man Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I understand your frustration as I failed last week myself with a 670 and plan to retake the test on my next day off. Did you find the objectives that you missed on the printout sheet help you at all?
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A+ was the first exam I took, and I think probably the most difficult. It wasnt that the content was harder than my others but figuring out an effective way to study. Also not knowing what to expect from a cert exam made me really nervous...like I couldn't eat before my exam.

Now that you have sat for it once and know what to expect I'm sure you'll do better next time.
  • Options
    MarcITMarcIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend briefly going over Professor Messer's 802 videos before taking the exam. I didn't use his 802 section to study for my exam, but the day of when I took my exam, I watched some of his videos that I needed brushing up on, and it helped.
  • Options
    I hit my notes and some practice exams hard the pass couple of days. Then did some research on the simulations I saw on the exam. I feel confident I will pass it this afternoon. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Passed the 802! Now on to Netwrok plus!
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    congrats! This is a good thread for those who fail exams and feel like they want to give up. Just keep learning, repeating practice tests, studying the material, and eventually you will get the pass!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    I think once you get passed the first one you build up some confidence and learn how to study for these type of exams.
  • Options
    kornuskornus Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I am taking 802 next Saturday, good luck with yours!