Options

Passed CISSP first attempts

ssokhanvarssokhanvar Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all I'd like to thank all members in this forum.This site has been informative and encouraging.

To prepare for the exam I used the following resources.
CBT nuggets by Keith Barker
Eric Conrad, CISSP Study Guide 2nd Ed. (primary source)
Sybex CISSP Certified Information Systems Security ProfessionalStudy by Guide Daryl Gibson (secondary source)
Shon Harris AIO 6th (Mostly for reference)
Shon Harris Audio (driving to and from work)
Eric Conrad Eleventh Hour CISSP (read the bookback to back the day before the exam)
McGraw hill exam and all the question inthe above mentioned books.
Sybex CISSP tests (3sets of 250 question, good to buildstamina)

As has been mentioned before it is a management and cognitiveexam. I spend a lot of time memorizing technology related facts (i.e. Encryptionkey size, OSI layer protocols, COSO, ITIl,…), which was not needed. Learningthe whys and the steps is more relevant than the hows.

It would have been very hard to get readyfor this test without this forum, and I greatly appreciate all the forum participants.

Comments

• Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    LR0926LR0926 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm 11 days out myself and starting the 11th hour tomorrow. My weakest area using the AIO testout software is the system design and architecture because of the questions pertaining to specific models (Bell/LaPadula, Harrison-Ruzzo, etc). I get the general questions on how they work without a problem, but when they list them by name, I can't keep which goes to which straight. From what you're saying being general is okay?
  • Options
    jensmith592jensmith592 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ssokhanvarssokhanvar Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BlackBeret, I would put an effort to be able to distinguish the main ones, Bell-LaPadula, Biba, Clark-Wilson, and Brewers-Nash. Again, if you are able to answer the end of the chapter questions with the firm understanding of the answers you should do fine. Best of luck