Options

Is now a terrible time to buy CISSP books?

Sheiko37Sheiko37 Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was going to get the Conrad second edition but I see a third edition is coming out in August. The Stewart book also has a new release in July.

I've organized with my employer to take the CISSP in Q2 which looks really badly timed. I don't know if I should put it off until Q4 or just go ahead with the soon to be outdated books.

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The "new" exam has been discussed here many times. The content is the same so any CISSP book published within the past 3 years should be ok. Eric conrad, sybex, AIO, etc. Good Luck
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was thinking the same exact thing, I have a book now and there is a new edition coming out, but how much different can it be really? The domains are the same, all the same concepts, I don't see why we would need a new book unless there are new concepts in the exam.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The way the questions being worded will change, that's all. Its not like we've suddenly discovered a new "security continent" and are about to start colonizing. Security concepts will stay the same. Different ways of asking the same material.

Expect new quiz book formats but whoopee-do!

- b/eads
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Knowing ISC2 instead of calling it the Orange Book they'll refer to it as the Red+Yellow Book.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Knowing ISC2 instead of calling it the Orange Book they'll refer to it as the Red+Yellow Book.

Ochreous is the color I believe you seek but yeah have to agree there.

ICS2 made a big enough deal about the changes to the test in the March-April magazine (Member's Only section). If the trend follows the magazine as it has in the past, fret not. The quizzes have been steadily been getting easier even when they misquote something obvious I still scored 10 of 10. Years past I would say 8 of 10. Don't miss the story on stress and yoga! Life changing there!

My prediction is that the exam will be a little easier than in the past as all we are really concerned with are the number not the quality of the exam takers.

- b/eads