Options

Study Habits!!

rlance610rlance610 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Forum, as you can see from my profile I do have some certs as well as a degree. But I have now been out of college for a few years and need to sharpen my studing habits. I have been putting off taking more tests for months now. So what I am asking the group is if there are any study habit suggestions that I can pick up and run with. Please Help!! icon_confused.gif
Randy

Currently studying: 70-642
Next: 70-643

Ultimate Goal: MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
"Does the studing ever end?"

Comments

• Options
    panikpanik Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should book the test!!! :P

I found that it really put the pressure on myself to study, otherwise you just keep putting off studying to do something else, like watching TV.

Also, doing practice exams really helped me to focus on the areas that I didn't know or needed to memorise.
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    ^^^^^ yep i quite agree book it.......then you know u have the exam comming up and you can't afford to fail.
  • Options
    rlance610rlance610 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for the advice!! I have already done the booking part, now I have to get into a book to pass it!! Big day with be the 20th, I still have plenty of time. icon_eek.gif
    Randy

Currently studying: 70-642
    Next: 70-643

Ultimate Goal: MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
    "Does the studing ever end?"
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rlance610 wrote:
    I still have plenty of time. icon_eek.gif
    I've used that one myself a few times.... icon_lol.gif but it still cracks me up!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    lol must be the 20th of next month
  • Options
    2 ways man, just like the others say...book it!! That is how I did my A+ lol. The other way I find time to study is to leave my house and do it somewhere else, be it Wendy's, the library, even Subway or something. Staying at home makes me too tempted to play games or watch tv or something. : \
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    The first week I read the book (on my A+)
    Then I read it again and started taking practice test to see where i was weak. Then I went back and re-read and started memorizing the parts I needed to remember. Like now, for the network+, I just finished memorziing the ports and the associated progs/apps that go with them. Then i started the OSI model and the things that work on each layer. Most of my experience was peer to peer and client os. So now its' time to practice what I learn. Good luck
    To protect and to serve(r)...