Options

Didn’t pass CISSP exam last week, I guess I know why !! ,:-\

2»

Comments

• Options
    nk_vnnk_vn Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Really sorry to hear that you didn't pass the exam. Chin up and get back on track.

There's one thing that I'd like to share and hope it'll be useful. Everyone will share their own recipe for success BUT you'll need to determine what works for you.

Evaluate your current understanding of Information Security and work out how much you need to study to fully grasp the 8 domain. No single one set of practice questions out there will be exactly like the exam, so use them to identify your weak domains and focus on it.

If I had to pin point one factor that helped me get through the exam, it would definitely be theory application. Knowing the facts alone will not get you through the exam, but how and where to apply them is the key.

All the best in your next attempt!

I can sign under each one of your words. Today I passed, and indeed it was real world experience that matters the most. The Transcender questions are not bad, but some of them go into unnecessary (technical) details. One example is asking which Windows Event ID corresponds to a particular log type... certainly not the type of questions that you will see on the exam. I find Shon Harris and especially her scenario-based questions to be more suitable. All of them - post-chapter, end of 6th ed book, the Total Tester bundle. Again, Transcender is not bad, and certainly helped me to get more familiar with the new CBK look and feel, but maybe cccure would give better bang for the buck.

Good luck to everyone who is preparing to fight this monster exam.
  • Options
    nk_vnnk_vn Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sam_aqua wrote: »
    Thanks nk_vn. I will be eager to get feedback post your exam on 21st July.
    I wish you a good luck mate.

Cheers
    Sam

kukku wrote: »
    Good Luck..

Thank you, guys. Your wishes materialized today icon_cheers.gif will provide detailed preparation and exam experience in a dedicated post.
  • Options
    Sam_aquaSam_aqua Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many congratulations nk_vn ... it's time for you to party :)

Will wait to hear the detailed feedback.

Cheers
    Sam
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Transcender is nothing close to the exam.

I sort of agree,

The format of the questions was not like the actual exam but the information I learned from practicing with Transcender was invaluable. I don't regret spending a dime.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    Plan2succeedPlan2succeed Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    F_O_X2000 wrote: »
    The weakest domain are "Operation security" then "Software development security".
    The Strongest are "Access Control" then "Physical security"

In fact, when I reached to 100 question I new I would fail, so I lost my focus and started choosing the answers randomly icon_sad.gif

I do not want to repeat what others have said so I will tell you one thing that might help. (I cleared the exam first time) At no point during the exam did I feel confident that I will clear the exam. There were very few questions which I had answered and felt confident that I was correct. I am sure this is the case with most of the exam takers (I am presuming) as the exam does not look like any simulation exam available. What I mean by this is, do not loose heart midway through the exam. Be confident with your preparation. It will help. Though no practice exam comes near the actual exam, they are important as they reinforce the concepts. I used CCCure exams (just the normal ones not the scenarios). I did the exams with the intention of proving the CCCure wrong (for each question that I got wrong, I really searched the entire AIO and the internet to find fault with the solutions provided there). I found a couple wrong there but the research helped me.

Hope this helps you.
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    GLORRIIA wrote: »
    WOW!!! This is very enlightening. Plan to take the test in May. Just started AOI after studying CISSP for dommies.

that's bad when you spell dummies wrong.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    that's bad when you spell dummies wrong.

The 'O' key is pretty close to the 'U' key. :)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    buterrican25buterrican25 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am scheduled to take the CISSP in June, I took it a few years ago and failed it (mainly because I was chronically sick and didn't know it) by a few points but they have changed it since. I am going to buy the CISSP for dummies and use two other books I have. Any other pointers for me?
  • Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hi buterrican25,

Please don't!
    Cissp for dummies is not up to date yet - except if you wait until official release in a few days. Make sure you have the 2016 copy.
    Subcribe to Cybrary.it cissp videos, they are free, up to date, and very good.
    Make sure to practice a lot of questions, and simulate a few one before the real exam.
    I am using Sybex Cissp 2015, I think it is a good reference. I would not risk using outdated material, except as a second reference.
    Search for Eric Conrad web site and his book editor, you can find free practice exam and podcast, use them! Same thing with Shon Harris, but material is not up to date.
    Read a few post here on the forum, giving you an idea why people fail or pass, and most important, keep you motivated!

Good luck