Options

Just passed CISSP...CISA is next...Study suggestions?

imrannimrann Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im looking to take the CISA next on my list of certifications for this year. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on study material that I should look into.

Comments

• Options
    Momala2525@gmail.comMomala2525@gmail.com Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrates on passing CISSP.

I think it would be wise to take CISM first rather than CISA depending on your experience.
    I'm planning to take CISA after CISM.
  • Options
    abhroabhro Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats imrann. Just joined the forum.
  • Options
    abhroabhro Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am thinking to take on CISA. Should I take CISSP first? what is your opinion guys?
    also, dont have any IS Auditor experience. Planning to take the exam for career change. Is it possible to get certified without experience?
    I am in the field for last 15 years. mainly s/w development and IT. Please let me know what is your opinion/thoughts.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    Congrates on passing CISSP.

I think it would be wise to take CISM first rather than CISA depending on your experience.
    I'm planning to take CISA after CISM.

Why do you think it's better to take the CISM first?
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Why do you think it's better to take the CISM first?

From what I have been told, the CISM has more overlap with CISSP. So CISM would be wise because some of the material will be familiar. I was hoping to take CISM, but I don't meet the three years of management requirement to be certified.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    E Double U wrote: »
    From what I have been told, the CISM has more overlap with CISSP. So CISM would be wise because some of the material will be familiar. I was hoping to take CISM, but I don't meet the three years of management requirement to be certified.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I wouldn't have the mgmt background either. I think my technical skills will help with the CISA, though.
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."