Options

Gsn3 vbox switching

neuroticneurotic Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I got a simple problem but i can't seem to figure it out. I'm still new w/ GSN3, installed VBOX, have it integrated w/ GSN3, turned off my firewall, set network adapter as virtual host only (PCNET-FAST III) but for unknown reason i'm not able to send ping from vbox 1 to vbox 2.

Basically what i'm trying to accomplish is to simply have the frames switch over to vbox2 from vbox1.
In GNS3, i used cloud, configured the network adapter so that it would use the Virtual ethernet host adapter.
Connected both host to one of the NM-16ESW interfaces, both hosts are on the same subnet but unable to ping each other.

I tried VPCS, have them connected to the NM-16ESW interfaces and they are able to ping each but unable to do so w/ VBOX.
By the way, i tried pinging vbox1 to vbox2 connecting them to the routers interface and it went thru but i connect them w/ the switch interface, no go. please help.

using windows 8.1 and using the latest version of gns3. by the way, i ran the gns3 as administrator.

Comments

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hmmm you may want to ask this on the forum on the gns3.net website. Lots of good info there. Also there is a gns3 page on facebook to that may be able to help. I'm sure there are more forums out there. Hope this helps man.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What OS are you running in vbox?

What network mode are your VMs configured for?

What is your IP addressing scheme on both VMs and your GNS3 bridge (Router)?

My guess is you either have a firewall issue in the VMs, not the host OS, or your network mode is incorrectly configured.

Make sure to include some details next time so we know what to go off of.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    neuroticneurotic Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    actually i just figured it out.. i'm so stupid hahahaha.
    some interfaces are down. when i type the command show int status, some shows not connected even though the cables are connected. you have to stop and start gns3 to fix that. thanks for responding though