Server+ (ProctorU) booked for March 17th

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
What the title says. Hopefully, 1 week should be more than enough for me to study and grasp the concepts.
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill

Comments

• cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will do fine. I spent about 3 days looking over the PrepLogic Mega Guide. I took it last Sunday @ 9PM and passed with an 844. It was about 100 questions.
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, yeah, I'm using the guide and CBT Nuggets. Decided to take a week break from my Cisco studies to get this cert before they release the new SK0-004 next week (can't go wrong with $50.00 on a 6 year old exam compared to a $280 2015 exam).

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unless they make it Server+ ce icon_lol.gif (It's actually $50 for beta test takers right now).

Good luck! Make sure you review RAID and virtualization - plus they throw some networking in (ports, osi model, tcp/ip).
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    I was considering on taking the SK0-004 Beta. But, I wouldn't know my results til the end of September.

Oh, the OSI model...*groans*

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the OSI model is a large part of the CCENT studies too... you should be familiar with it now :D Best of luck on the Server+
    I'm familiar with it. haha. I need to work on my SCSI concepts (I feel this will be the big part during my 6 day study).

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nafe92014 wrote: »
    I'm familiar with it. haha. I need to work on my SCSI concepts (I feel this will be the big part during my 6 day study).

Don't forget High Availability (HA) with iSCSI vs FCoE and NAS vs SAN.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□

I would say that knowing general how it works will get you most of the way. IE I had a question asking specifics like "which of these is 32bits wide" but more commonly it was just "is this block, or file storage" and "which of these is the storage types fastest" and "which storage type would you use in this situation."

I knew those last three type answers and very very little of the specific first type and I made an 851.
    SCSI 5 mhz / 8 bits / 5mbps < remember this
    it it's Fast, the mhz are doubled, if it's wide the bits double, and if you double either of those the throughput doubles too, double both, it quadruples
    Fast 10 mhz / 8 bits / 10mbps
    wide 5 mhz / 16 bits / 10 mbps
    Fast-Wide 10 mhz / 16 bits/ 20 mbps
    Ultra 10mhz / 8 bits / 20 mpbs < remember this one too, then the same rules apply to it
    Ultra Wide 10mhz / 16 bits / 40 mbps
    Ultra 2 40mhz / 8 bits / 40 mbps < again, remember this one
    Ultra 2 Wide 40mhz / 16 bits / 80 mbps

3+ don't follow the rules, but 320 and 640 give away their throughputs in their names...
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Good luck Nafe. I have it scheduled for March 16 with ProctorU.
    Passed Server +. ProctorU is sweet...beats having to drive to a testing center. I hope they do these types of promotionals for more exams.
    I decided to reschedule to the end of March. And with today being the launch of the SKI-004 beta Server+ exam, i decided to attempt it instead. It's only $50.00

Good luck. Make sure you cover the new material.
    I decided to reschedule to the end of March. And with today being the launch of the SKI-004 beta Server+ exam, i decided to attempt it instead. It's only $50.00
    interesting move, best of luck :D

You did read the caveats about the beta exam test results right? You're not going to find out your test results until the last quarter of 2015 or the first quarter of 2016.