Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    BobbyB321BobbyB321 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully I can ask this without judgment but do they do additional urinalysis at CRC? Already had it done for Occu Med so I was just curious.
  • Options
    GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    Anybody from this forum going to CRC soon ?

Bobby,
    why do you want to know if they do additional urinalysis in CRC? hmmm. Curiosity killed the cat Sir.

New York Nick,

I fly out to CRC within the next 199hrs (Operational Security). I said that to say this, you will not be doing any salary negotiations. They don't negotiate salary, as what was stated at least once in this discussion. I am less than 30 days of receiving an Offer Letter, and I tried unsuccessfully. The fact of the matter is people are flying to CRC frequently (I know how often just won't say) for a pre-deployment with Vectrus. You're just another number in the hat of a hundred names. I literally was told "It's X number of people that are slotted to fill Y position, the one that completes the process first gets it". I got it. I had my medial, dental, urinalysis, and return for TB check done in less than a week. Everyone else had issues or sat (took their precious time) on doing medical or dental thinking they were the only ones who applied or something. #ShameOnThem #KeepSearchingForAJob #WaitForTheNextOpening #HopeYouDidNotQuitYourJob. It's people that took the first number, it's people that'll take the salary they offered you. From a business standpoint if I offered Bill and Tom X a year and Bill said yes and Tom said I want to negotiate who do you think I am selecting? Bill is the stress free no 10 emails back and forth answer. Most of these jobs you have experience, clearance if no I'll get you one, and certain certs (if not take them). Just about anyone can fill these positions Service Desk, System Admin, ADPE etc. So your overqualified resume is no different than the next over qualified resume that applied for the $. I certainly am pass the Service Desk (For Example, Not saying thats my title). But if I can get over 120K a year tax free (with restrictions) I will do "Service Desk". Maybe negotiations went on months or years ago. But as of February 2016 when I got an offer letter....... it's take it or leave it. I don't know what "details" you have. But I have emails regarding trying to negotiate and it was unsuccessful and I am yearsssss past the Service Desk Qualifying Role...and I mean years. Good Luck.

P.S. You have to ask yourself two questions. How long ago did you colleague apply with Vectrus and is it the same Job Title. We can't compare apples to apples if your colleague has been with vectrus 6-36 months and was grandfathered in when they did negotiate it's not even a topic up for discussion. Believe me, I heard they used to negotiated salaries as well.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @GirlyGirl- its the same for me. I wanted to think I'm years away from the Service Desk but here I am. Sometimes money talks :)
  • Options
    New York NickNew York Nick Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @GirlyGirl. Two things:

1- If you Google Vectrus, the first site that comes up is the Vectrus website. The very next option is this post "Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?" With that being stated, I have to keep my comments brief. You never know who is watching.

2- I understand your post. The only thing I will say is that there was a situation where people(plural) were needed immediately. This does happen from time to time. Anyway, my colleague came in during this time and asked for a certain dollar amount. They rejected his first offer but they did come to an agreement somewhere in between. There is a good reason why companies don't want their employees discussing their salaries. Some people make more than others working in the same job role. I can't be mad at them. They knew their value and were able to get a bump up from the normal range. There is more to the story but see comment #1. I apologize for being vague.
  • Options
    original baconoriginal bacon Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BobbyB321 wrote: »
    Hopefully I can ask this without judgment but do they do additional urinalysis at CRC? Already had it done for Occu Med so I was just curious.

I can't say for sure.
    I really do not see any reason why they would conduct another one after your initial is passed.
    That would mean they would have to send you back at that very moment if you came up "dirty" after just flying you out.
  • Options
    original baconoriginal bacon Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys just a quick update. I will be doing my medical screening and dental check very shortly and all should go well. I am curious as I've never gotten a physical( bad I know) what does it entail? Is it the turn your head and cough type or just a simple non invasive questionaire and wellness?

Basically... Do i have to meet Dr fingers?
  • Options
    BobbyB321BobbyB321 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No Dr Fingers lol. Pretty normal. Urinalysis, blood draw, and the doctor going everything in your paperwork. No surprises.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some people mentioned other companies operating out there, who are they? I doubt there any roles for my job out there, but i'd be willing to entertain the idea.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The usual suspects for military contracts. Bigger ones include
    Raytheon
    Boeing
    Lockheed
    General Dynamics (GDIT)
    Northrup Grumman
  • Options
    LefFieldLefField Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey OB, Did they accept your offer? I'm out here at Camp Buehring now as a VTC Tech. I'm just using this a stepping stone to get my foot in the door with contracting.

SN: Living conditions suck out here! 3 to a room, so be prepared for that if you are coming here. I had no warning and I was pissed. The saaaaay they are working the situation... We'll see.
  • Options
    thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is anyone currently done with everything just waiting on the CRC date? Recruiter spoke with me and mentioned only Afghanistan positions are open at the moment. Did anyone just recently ship out to other locations aside from Afghanistan?

I'm wondering if the positions were still occupied when they went through the hiring process, and if they're just hiring ahead of time for when the positions open. Or if they filled while I was completing everything such as paperwork, etc.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    Hello Netman28. I have been to both Afghanistan( Bagram ) and Iraq( Basra ). Only issues we ever had were occasional rocket attacks. I now commute to the Pentagon City area via car. I can tell you that you stand a MUCH greater chance getting killed by idiot commuters than anything the Talibans can muster.
  • Options
    zeeshannetworkzeeshannetwork Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Leffield,

Quick question , Did Vectrus negotiate hr rate? They offered me 40 buck per hr, in my current job I make 42.50/hr which translates to 85K/year.
    Not sure what to do at this point. If I ask 42 buck/hr or risk losing the offer
  • Options
    dynamitexvxdynamitexvx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A lot of good information here! Very much appreciated. My question is has anyone here applied for Vectrus while working another job overseas? I am currently in Japan so I am not sure how all processing would work. I know I will need to get back to the states at least for the training
  • Options
    missmammissmam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wtrwlkr wrote: »
    Nyblizzard

I currently work for this company, but in a different country. Feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any specific questions.

I just registered with Vectrus a few weeks ago but for an Admin position. Any idea what the salary is for this position working in Kuwait?
  • Options
    InfoinwizardsIncInfoinwizardsInc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All information arevery usefull .I have also applied for overseas job so theseinformation will help me out .
  • Options
    There are WAN and Data Center Engineer positions open in Kuwait now, though they're looking to fillt hem fast. Get your application in quick on their site if you're looking
  • Options
    Texan-SpursTexan-Spurs Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Joelsfood, I don't see Data Center Engineer position on their website. I am a married , can I bring my wife with me to Kuwait? how long the process takes ?
  • Options
    They might ahve filled the data center engineer position already. I know they'd been interviewing and made at least one offer.

You can take your wife to Kuwait. You will likely need to find your own housing then, but can often get a stipend since you wno't be living in corporate housing. Length of time can vary, but the quicker the better, for Vectrus' taste, so it seems they generally try to get 30 day or less turnaround for medical/dental/provisional clearance.
  • Options
    z0ne3z0ne3 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @wtrwlkr you left Vectrus? If so, are you still overseas or you can back stateside?
  • Options
    LefFieldLefField Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As far as I know they don't negotiate. But once you get over here you can jump to another company paying more. That's my plan.
  • Options
    z0ne3z0ne3 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the typical day at CRC? I got accepted to go to Afghanistan for Network Administrator and wanting to know what to expect at CRC and to be somewhat prepared.
  • Options
    Wabbit77Wabbit77 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I applied to Vectrus and received an email a couple days later requesting that I contact them. I had always heard that they called people only.

Is this a scam email? I have heard of scammers targeting these types of positions, so it gives me pause. Yes, I am overly cautious about responding to unfamiliar emails these days.
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm guessing 110-120k. I was going to do this but pulled out last minute as I found a job locally.
  • Options
    Vectrus definitely emails. I exchanged several emails with Vectrus recruiting staff last week before I did my technical interview on the phone
  • Options
    thewiz8807 wrote: »
    Is anyone currently done with everything just waiting on the CRC date? Recruiter spoke with me and mentioned only Afghanistan positions are open at the moment. Did anyone just recently ship out to other locations aside from Afghanistan?

I'm wondering if the positions were still occupied when they went through the hiring process, and if they're just hiring ahead of time for when the positions open. Or if they filled while I was completing everything such as paperwork, etc.

Can someone answer this? I've been waiting almost 2 months now. Getting a little impatient.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thewiz8807 wrote: »
    Can someone answer this? I've been waiting almost 2 months now. Getting a little impatient.

- It's a bit of a pain. In some cases your cleared to go right away, and in others you won't hear anything for a few months which is really discouraging. It seems like the beginning of the year is when they want to send people out, at least in my experience. Have you received shots yet? That's usually a good sign you are going soon.
  • Options
    daviddws wrote: »
    - It's a bit of a pain. In some cases your cleared to go right away, and in others you won't hear anything for a few months which is really discouraging. It seems like the beginning of the year is when they want to send people out, at least in my experience. Have you received shots yet? That's usually a good sign you are going soon.

I'm cleared on everything. All immunizations, check ups, etc has been completed. Paperwork, clearance, etc. Done.

Just waiting on my CRC date but I've been waiting for some time now. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same position?
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Z0ne3, I may end up seeing you over here if you come to Bagram. I currently run the NA, SA, IA, and help desk/service desk from the military side.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    The Wiz,

I thought since I noticed your concern a few times and never answered I wasn't doing you any justice. So, here I am and I apologize.
    Here is the short/long answer:

Vectrus is not the only company that has deployers going through CRC. It's actually several companies that have CRC as a requirement prior to deployment. But, not every company has CRC as a requirement prior to deploying. I said that to say this I've been through CRC and it was training every week. When my class was over it was another class afterwards. All that was basically to say, a CRC class date isn't the root cause, it's more than likely you not being selected or a slot not being open. Since you've competed everything, the next person to quit or reach End of Contract (EOC) would lead to you taking that individuals place.

Like was mentioned in the papers you received, don't quit your job. So, I assume you're still working and have a roof over your head. I will give you two options. Option one take a open immediate need job in Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, or one of the other countries Vectrus has openings for 4 months then try to get the location you want. Since after 4 months you can request to move or slide in another position. Option two wait for who knows how long until a position opens up. What is the first initial of your recruiters last name? I know a Vectrus recruiter who moved positions, she was a female and doesn't respond to emails anymore.

* Tell them you want to go to Iraq, you'll probably have an Offer Letter by the end of next week*.. Most people that apply want Kuwait and Afghanistan. I will also assume the CASP that you have in progress wasn't a requirement for the position you are requesting. I am not going back through 16 pages of Vectrus, so what's the job title and the location you wanted?