Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    big_burgerbig_burger Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hireright was simple for me... its quick and painless, but not so fortunate for others. My last employment lasted for 10yrs so I only had to provide that job status to them.. They only called my last employer and confirm that I was employed with them and showed proof of it too.. it was easy for me..

I thnk the most hardest/longest issue was gettig my security clearance. I currently have a temporary clearance and will know for sure in a couple more months when im total approved. I think all is good with my background so that shouldn't be a problem either.

I had to renew my passport and asked for the 52pages so I would not run out anytime soon. It does not cost any extra either. I had to pay to renew my passport. Vectrus did not cover that.
  • Options
    Jhill5210Jhill5210 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So an update to my situation... Had my technical interview this past Friday afternoon, got my recommendation email yesterday (Monday afternoon), filled out the application and got my offer letter today (Tuesday). From what i gather this is quick? Two days from the interview and I have an offer letter. Either they really like me or really need some sys admin 1 people lol. The process is a little different than I completely thought and have to sit down with the wife to discuss everything. I am more on the boat of diving head in but gotta talk with her before 100% committal. I will have to get an additional cert (my Network+ doesn't count) for this position and do the normal stuff after signing so it would be a few weeks if not months. Anyone have any better idea of how long it takes to get activated after all the stuff is done and you are put into the queue? I know I won't know which base I'd be at but I know it's in the Stan...
  • Options
    jhill5210, my technical interview lasted for 45 minutes and then in two days got my job offer. I believe once you departure from Texas, you are considered as 'hired'.
    I too have to get another cert, i should be ready in 1 month or less.
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    I too applied for the IA Analyst position, looks like they have quite a few of that contract available, maybe we will all be working together soon :)
  • Options
    Jhill5210Jhill5210 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Big_burger, my interview was maybe 20 minutes. Not very long really. Either way it's nice to have an opportunity arise. I believe I am going to sign off on my offer letter and see what happens. Haven't yet, gonna sleep on it. I was told today the actual start date is the day you leave for CRC.

My my position will be Systems Administrator 1.

May be Robert, never know. May get to see some of you guys and gals if and when I get done with the prep and take the hop over.
  • Options
    AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just out of curiosity, do you all that are taking these positions already have security clearance?
  • Options
    Vectrus helped me get my security clearance. I think that was the hardest and most time consuming thing for me.
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    AnthonyG wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, do you all that are taking these positions already have security clearance?

I had a TS.
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    anhtran35 wrote: »
    I had a TS.

Same here.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had no clearance when I took the job, they got me a secret as part of the deal
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm getting ready to head over to kuwait for IA analyst too. Just waiting for my CISSP to get back and I had to take CEH also and done with that thankfully.

I worked in kuwait for 4 years previously (along with afghan and Iraq for various companies) and have a bunch of friends still with ITT/Vectrus.

If anyone has any questions I'm sure I can help answer
  • Options
    Also has anyone gone over with a secret clearance and gotten them to upgrade you to TS
  • Options
    TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    Anyone in or going to Qatar? I will be going to Camp As Sayliyah and was wondering if the Pearson Vue center is active. I plan on studying for and getting a few certs while there (Cisco and ISC2). Just wondering if they offer that, or if I have to go to Al Udeid. I won't mind that either, just want to know if I won't be stuck for a year with no technical advancement opportunities.
  • Options
    wonder if there's any difference in pay between kuwait and qatar. used to get uplift in kuwait but not anymore so i'd imagine it's fairly similar. think i'd much rather go out there. may see if thats a possibility.

as far as testing sites, i can't speak with any authority, but there were tons in kuwait so i'd imagine the same.
  • Options
    AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    big_burger wrote: »
    Vectrus helped me get my security clearance. I think that was the hardest and most time consuming thing for me.

How long did this take?
  • Options
    After two months of back and forth verifying my certs and such and doing all the medical processing I was told there's no positions available right now and I'll be put in a cleared for deployment pool until something comes available. Lol. Wish that would have been communicated as a possibility. Oh well.
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    does anyone know that if they hire you, that you will be granted secret clearance which goes a long way for you to get future jobs that require secret clearance...i heard getting secret clearance is almost like 20k bump in pay...a privilege to get.
  • Options
    It took about 4weeks, most of it was doing the research and talking to friends and relatives to give me there information.. Finding addresses and phone numbers, some of them was skeptical. I felt uncomfortable doing that... but really wanted to get in with Vectrus and get my security clearance.
  • Options
    Josephandre,
    What job position /job title did you go for?
  • Options
    guy9guy9 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After two months of back and forth verifying my certs and such and doing all the medical processing I was told there's no positions available right now and I'll be put in a cleared for deployment pool until something comes available. Lol. Wish that would have been communicated as a possibility. Oh well.

That was the most valuable information I could have gathered from this thread!! Thanks!
  • Options
    It was for an IA Analyst in Kuwait. I mean I get it, and it's not something I'm completely surprised by, but it was never mentioned as a possibility in any of the on-boarding or pre-hire dialogue. Just wish I'd have known that up front as I made a gut wrenching decision to turn down a pretty amazing opportunity locally that has since been filled.
  • Options
    guy9guy9 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I never sent in my information I sat on it. Yesterday I got an email saying reply or I'll no longer be under consideration, I have 24hrs. ...it was for the exact same position same place IA Kuwait. They just probably want a pool of (qualified) candidates in case they need a quick body. Honestly I love the forum, but with the thousands of active users and visitors to this site I know some applied to this job and everyday chances minimized. I never ever turn down a job because I filled out some paperwork. If I don't have a start date signed by HR or an itinerary with my name on it....it's not guaranteed. I didn't feel comfortable giving my information to someone who's name I couldn't pronounce and didnt attend an American school/university glad I didn't.
  • Options
    While I get that thought process, I'm pretty experienced in this arena. Have taken jobs like this about five times now and went through the exact same process each time so it wasn't anything new and I really didn't have any reason to think otherwise. In normal circumstances Id operate the same way you described just got caught with a surprise. As far as the folks you're speaking with they're just third country nationals (indian) who are hired to perform a variety of administrative roles in country, not remotely as sketchy as you're imagining.
  • Options
    When I got the job offer from my recruiter in Kuwait, he told me upfront that it is a first-come first-serve, so it as vital that I try to get all my paper work and examinations done as quickly as possible. So, with that said, I worked quickly and got 'most' of it all done as quickly as I can. The only thing that is slowing me down is that my IA job position required a specific certification that I did not have, although I have 16+ years experience, they still needed that to comply with US government job requirements.

Its been 3 months now since they offer me that position and my recruiter said that the offer is still legit (good) and so once I get all my paperwork done and certs completed... and if there is still an open position, I can still go to Kuwait. You can STILL apply for other positions in Kuwait if that one is already filled. Meanwhile, im just going to continue my studies and do side-jobs... If it is meant to be, then great.. if not, thats fine.. I can still get jobs locally making good money here. BUT i would still prefer to go to Kuwait.
  • Options
    Never once mebtioned it and I asked. No worries though I'm still employed and getting interviews. They called yesterday to ask if Id go to Afghanistan. No sir
  • Options
    marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This thread is very enlightening. Thank you all who have provided such great information.

I will be graduating college soon and I have been thinking about trying to get a job overseas. I figured itll be a good idea since I'm single and I can make a good bit of money to save up. Plus pay off my student loans. I want to try to get a Network Admin position.

what are the best places to find these kinds of jobs? Also do they pay more for countries like Afghanistan? How much more? I may just go for Kuwait because it doesn't sound like it will be too bad. Some of the network engineers I work with have said that they knew people making well over 150k overseas. Anyone know if they pay networking professionals that much overseas? I think if its anything under 120k, I don't think it would be worth the danger and the crappy living environment.
  • Options
    Hello marcj04,

I was just offered a IAA position in Afghanistan for 137K a year. but i think the pay is based from your experience, skills, and education. Make sure that your resume is complete and updated with your certifications too. Vectrus looks for people with CASP and CISSP certs if your into network security. Not sure about the other positions.

Overseas jobs do pay better ( i think) there are some perks to taxes and more... I am single too and looking forward to traveling and hopefully making good money too... Oh, I got a college loan that I got to payoff too, so your not alone. :)
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    did you applied or they contacted you? did you already have your clearance?
    Hello marcj04,

I was just offered a IAA position in Afghanistan for 137K a year. but i think the pay is based from your experience, skills, and education. Make sure that your resume is complete and updated with your certifications too. Vectrus looks for people with CASP and CISSP certs if your into network security. Not sure about the other positions.

Overseas jobs do pay better ( i think) there are some perks to taxes and more... I am single too and looking forward to traveling and hopefully making good money too... Oh, I got a college loan that I got to payoff too, so your not alone. :)
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    I applied for an IAA (information Assurance Analyst) job back in February, the delay for me is my fault. After I got all my required info, then I'm ready to be departed for Kuwait.

No, i did not have a security clearance, so Vectrus was kind enough to supply that for me. But i do have it now.
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for a straight forward answer....Have a good time over there.

I applied for an IAA (information Assurance Analyst) job back in February, the delay for me is my fault. After I got all my required info, then I'm ready to be departed for Kuwait.

No, i did not have a security clearance, so Vectrus was kind enough to supply that for me. But i do have it now.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)