Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• 518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikey88 wrote: »
    60hrs sounds like alot until you work 7x16 (112hrs) on a fishing boat like I did a long time ago. sleeping.gif

Anyways, I had my Tech interview Tuesday for Service Desk, now waiting to hear back from them.
    Service Desk with Vectrus? It may be too late, but at least try to get the ADPE job. The only thing that ADPE does in Afghanistan is loading image to computers. you know, press F12 to PXE boot and then choose the OS, install updates and then scan for compliance. in 2011, ADPE in Afghanistan had access to Retina scanning, not sure if that is the case now. Anyway, pay for ADPE is $2 more than Service Desk...and you dont interact with customers.

edit: if you do get the ADPE over Service Desk....you can thank me later. :D
  • Press ANY KeyPress ANY Key Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, from what I can remember, ADPE sit in a room by themselves and image tons of systems. Vectrus usually hires people for the service desk if they have little to no experience.
    Yeah, from what I can remember, ADPE sit in a room by themselves and image tons of systems. Vectrus usually hires people for the service desk if they have little to no experience.
    Agreed. But, I dont get why someone with little to no experience would be assigned in service desk where most first level tshooting happens. entry-level should be in ADPE, because they rarely do any tshooting.

If you're a service desk tech in Bagram or Kandahar and working day-shift...oh lord help you. ring ring ring and walk-in after walk-in

anyway, we have an ADPE type position in East Africa, PM if anyone is interested.
  • Press ANY KeyPress ANY Key Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Vectrus believes that everyone is replaceable. If a skilled person leaves they feel that they can fill that position with anyone. No experience? No problem. Vectrus really doesn't screen their people. As long as you have a pulse and a few certs, Vectrus has a job for you.icon_redface.gif

When I was there, we had guys over at Systems with no Active Directory or Virtualization experience.icon_lol.gif It was really a joke working with some of them.
  • DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vectrus believes that everyone is replaceable. If a skilled person leaves they feel that they can fill that position with anyone. No experience? No problem. Vectrus really doesn't screen their people. As long as you have a pulse and a few certs, Vectrus has a job for you.icon_redface.gif

When I was there, we had guys over at Systems with no Active Directory or Virtualization experience.icon_lol.gif It was really a joke working with some of them.

Oh god this

My days are spent studying and watching the other NA.

Watching him try to T/S (SOMETIMES he's not bad)
    Watching him stare at a screen at paperwork that only involves 1 box (NOT SLEEPING, just staring) for 15 minutes at a time
    Asking about our LAN VLANs (As in, what is xyz Vlan for, purpose) And the only answer I get back is something about a stuff VLAN that someone made that should probably get removed. And complaining about it repeatedly
    And his brain **** that I see him stare out for hours.

They certainly are mostly looking for warm bodies for the most part over here.

now now, we're not bashing everyone but there are a "few" who actually knows their job. I was able to recruit one of their NA in Bagram. Turns out, a pretty sharp dude who achieved CCIE in a year. He was so happy when he got to Africa because he was able to work with more than just switches.
    Donklander wrote: »

They certainly are mostly looking for warm bodies for the most part over here.

You still there in AFG with Vectrus???
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ha, my company believes the same! Indeed, the PMO acts on the basis anybody working on this contract is unable to get a job in their home country.
    To be sure, we do employ lots of unskilled trades, but the few IT jobs and other highly skilled professions are not so easily replaced.

• NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    518 wrote: »
    Agreed. But, I dont get why someone with little to no experience would be assigned in service desk where most first level tshooting happens. entry-level should be in ADPE, because they rarely do any tshooting.

If you're a service desk tech in Bagram or Kandahar and working day-shift...oh lord help you. ring ring ring and walk-in after walk-in

anyway, we have an ADPE type position in East Africa, PM if anyone is interested.

Clearance required?
    O
    /|\
    / \
    Nyblizzard wrote: »
    Clearance required?

Yes, active Secret or in-scope inactive no older than 24months.
  • atal2003atal2003 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I have TS all ready to go, but wanna go to Kwait or Qatar not Afghanistan for System admin 1 which I was hired for. they say no position in Kwait only Afghanistan, I have Security +, CCNA and window 10 certs any advise?
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    atal2003 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have TS all ready to go, but wanna go to Kwait or Qatar not Afghanistan for System admin 1 which I was hired for. they say no position in Kwait only Afghanistan, I have Security +, CCNA and window 10 certs any advise?

They aren't telling you the truth.

They have Sys Admin I spots in Kuwait at Camp Buehring, RNOSC-K, Arifjan.
    Kindly doing the needful
    Thank you littlebit, I have approved for [FONT=&quot]SERVICE DESK ADMINISTRATOR I, are you sure they have it in Kwait, do you know about the pay? [/FONT]
    Hi elijk, I was offered same Service Desk Admin position, have you deployed yet?
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    They aren't telling you the truth.

They have Sys Admin I spots in Kuwait at Camp Buehring, RNOSC-K, Arifjan.

How can I contact you Littlebit?
    I don't know about the pay.

From the looks of it, unless you have Server+, I don't think you can do Systems Administration. You need Server+ / MCSA 2012 or MCSA 2008.

You can reach me at Littlebit02135@gmail.com
    Kindly doing the needful
    You have CCNA, why not do Network Administration? They are paid a little more than Sys Admins.
    Kindly doing the needful
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    You have CCNA, why not do Network Administration? They are paid a little more than Sys Admins.

I just sent you an email
  • PalwashaPalwasha Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also sent you an email.
    I dont mind anyone emailing me askimg questions. But please do your due diligence and read this thread (atleast the last 10 pages).

I cover a lot, and a lot of it is regurgitated.

Also, if you would like a referral, you need a minimum of a secret clearance. (Plus all your certs. Check Vectrus website for cert requirements). You can email me directly. Littlebit02135@gmail.com

Understand I am happy to help and answer questions, but a lot is already covered in this thread. Its a little annoying to get emails with "what certs do I need for X?"

Else, I am happy to help. (Not calling anyone out, this is for future people who read this thread)
    Kindly doing the needful
  • OpenButClosedOpenButClosed Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been watching this thread for awhile. Guys, in the contract world, there are a lot of players. Be careful with Vectrus....idk how long they'll be able to hold onto this contract in the middle east.
    I've been watching this thread for awhile. Guys, in the contract world, there are a lot of players. Be careful with Vectrus....idk how long they'll be able to hold onto this contract in the middle east.

this thread was originally aimed at Vectrus, because they are known to sponsor clearances to people with no to little experience. Vectrus has the OMDAC SWACC until May 2018. If you are a current employee, you dont have to worry about not getting picked up by the next winning company. If you are a Country Manager and above, then you might have to start polishing your resume. Im on a contract where it has transitioned to three different companies and we have at least 5 people who's been thru transitions.
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I didn't think it was going to happen but it looks like I'm ready for another contract. One more push to get some things paid off. This time around I'm more careful about where I go. I want to be in a country that isn't technically a war zone and that getting home is not a 3 week ordeal. People will knock Vectrus for all kinds of things but I can say because of them I have a Secret Clearance and experience as an expat. That counts for something.
    Let me refer you ;)

On a serious note, I'd echo Fulcrum's point. I've met a lot of good people out here. I've never personally been boned by Vectrus... yet... but I can say so far they've been fair.
    Kindly doing the needful
    Palwasha wrote: »
    I also sent you an email.

Palwasha have you applied with Vectrus?
  • PalwashaPalwasha Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, Hopefully I will hear soon from them.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    I want to be in a country that isn't technically a war zone and that getting home is not a 3 week ordeal.

How hard is it getting to the airport/flying out from Iraq/Afghan?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    I had this long winded post, but I redacted. I'll just say, yes, there are some awesome people at Vectrus.

Also, I found out after I went 100 private sector. When you got some actual experience and a skill set above average, almost any company will sponsor your clearence when needed.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466

You are low priority, I believe a priority 6, which means you are always first to being bumped off the rotaters
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN

Iraq is fairly easy. You fly out of Baghdad Intl Airport. It's a two day process.
    Kindly doing the needful