Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty much exactly what I do.

C|EH, CISSP, now working on my SANS courses for school.

Or you can be like my roommate who plays video games all day.
    For whatever reason, people find complacency really easy over here.
  • Options
    Shuaib2016Shuaib2016 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all, So I have some update on my SC process here, I've submitted my e-QIP on Jun the 3rd and just today Nov the 3rd, I've been interviewed by an investigator. He basically went over all the info i provided in my e-QIP. It tooks about 2 hours and 20 minutes! Gosh! its been 5 months! hopefully, I get my interim by January.
  • Options
    jtlancerjtlancer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, all. I am being recruited for a SysAdmin (mid level) position in Kuwait (Cp. Arifjan) for General Dynamics. My second interview is next week and that is when $$$ is going to be discussed. I know they are going to try to low-ball ($85K) me so I would like to know what the standard rate is for SysAdmin. I am thinking $110K pre-bonus is doable. Just to avoid any of the standard, unneeded replies let me state that I have over 17 years IT experience 5 of which being a SysAdmin, already have Sec+, MCSA in MS Server 2012 R2 and a Secret clearance through my current job. Thank you in advance for your responses.
  • Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lol, goodluck.

Its $110K total with all said and done. They dont care how many years youve done sysadmin. But best of luck if you can talk em up.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    jtlancerjtlancer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    Lol, goodluck.

Its $110K total with all said and done. They dont care how many years youve done sysadmin. But best of luck if you can talk em up.

And you know this because??? You currently are a SysAdmin with GenDyn in Kuwait? No? Then why make that reply? Next...
  • Options
    Lol, cause Ive interviewed with them.

Have fun though.

Next!
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    He's pretty right. There's not much room to negotiate.
  • Options
    dynamitexvxdynamitexvx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I totally second this! Kuwait is not the place to be long term. I would say use it to get yourself out here so that you can jump out to other places in the Middle East/Africa. Even getting groceries is a hassle because you either have to ask to be driven or get a taxi until the visa is processed. Ordering food is easy but expensive.
  • Options
    SnoopDoggySnoopDoggy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anybody know how much other jobs pay with Vectrus in Kuwait, like the fitness positions? Im not very smart in IT.
  • Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey WTRWLKR,

Are you still working with vectrus? If so, I have some questions just got my interim security clearance (SF312). The facility that will perform the perform the medical exam and administer required shots called to schedule an appointment. Wanted to know what are the next steps at this point?

Thanks.
    ALJAHA2
  • Options
    PhiersPhiers Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bet you're glad that wait is over. I'm waiting on my Interim with Vectrus now. My understanding is that once your certs, clearance, and medical/dental are done; Vectrus will provide you dates to go to CRC (assuming your position is still open). Then, you fly out from CRC training to your location.

Now, here's the million dollar question: How long did you wait for your Interim, and did the security manager just send you an email saying you received it?
  • Options
    Hey Daniel J,

Thanks for the post. I have some specific questions. Here's what I've done so far:

01) I had my technical interview back in August 2017 and passed,
    02) received my offer letter less than a week later.
    03) Submitted all paperwork (SF86 via eQuip with fingerprint cards),
    04) hirerite completed my employment verification successfully.
    05) Just yesterday 12/11/2017, I got my interim security clearance notification and submitted SF312 (NDA).
    06) The facility that will perform the perform the medical exam and administer required shots called to schedule an appointment.

What I wanted to know is based on your recent experience what are the next steps at this point and how close am I to selecting the CRC date?

Thanks,
    ALJAHA2
  • Options
    Hey Phiers,

Dude!!!! I'm so glad the wait is over. Here's what I've done so far:

05) Just yesterday 12/11/2017, I got my interim security clearance notification from vectrus and submitted SF312 (NDA).
    06) The facility that will perform the perform the medical exam and administer required shots called to schedule an appointment.

Any Ideal regarding next steps at this point and how close am I to selecting the CRC date?

Thanks,
    ALJAHA2
  • Options
    Phiers wrote: »
    Bet you're glad that wait is over. I'm waiting on my Interim with Vectrus now. My understanding is that once your certs, clearance, and medical/dental are done; Vectrus will provide you dates to go to CRC (assuming your position is still open). Then, you fly out from CRC training to your location.

Now, here's the million dollar question: How long did you wait for your Interim, and did the security manager just send you an email saying you received it?

Thanks Phiers,

It was just over 4 months from the time my SF86 was submitted to getting email notification from the vectrus recruiter and security manager yesterday.
  • Options
    jp5130jp5130 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Was this for the IA position? How was the interview?
  • Options
    jp5130 wrote: »
    Was this for the IA position? How was the interview?

Hey jp5130,

This is for the Service Desk Admin (Afghanistan). As far as the interview I felt it was general in order to get a feel for the candidates knowledge of basic troubleshooting in computing environment.
  • Options
    PhiersPhiers Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aljaha2 wrote: »
    Hey Phiers,

Dude!!!! I'm so glad the wait is over. Here's what I've done so far:

05) Just yesterday 12/11/2017, I got my interim security clearance notification from vectrus and submitted SF312 (NDA).

Any Ideal regarding next steps at this point and how close am I to selecting the CRC date?

Thanks,
    ALJAHA2

Man, the recruiter pulled the trigger on your medical as soon as you met the clearance requirement. Sounds like they are processing you as fast as they can. Unless something crazy comes back with that, I bet you'll be in CRC sometime in January.
  • Options
    Phiers wrote: »
    Man, the recruiter pulled the trigger on your medical as soon as you met the clearance requirement. Sounds like they are processing you as fast as they can. Unless something crazy comes back with that, I bet you'll be in CRC sometime in January.
    Medical scheduled for Friday and Dental next week Wednesday. Maybe even between Christmas/New Year. Awesome way to start the year
  • Options
    Shuaib2016Shuaib2016 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not getting Interim, I am going through a full blown investigation..... It has been 7 months since I submitted my e-QIP.
  • Options
    sloan54sloan54 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What does the medical consist of? Do you have to bring any medical records? Do they do drug testing? If so is it urine or hair?
  • Options
    Not_TechieNot_Techie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sloan54

I am a local hire of Vectrus here in Kuwait and will be joining them at the last week of this month. I do not know how is the process in the US but over here, you will be doing the physical check up - hearing test, eye test, weight, blood, urine, X Ray, BP and dental all together at one day. I guess the urine one was for drug testing. But before that, you have to fill up around 15 pages of Pre-Deployment Medical Paper w/c will be sent to you by Occu Med.

After you had completed and pass these tests, an email will be sent to you to have your TB skin test. You will also be asked if you had immunizations in the past. If so, you need to send copies of your immunization records to them. I had no records with me so I had to undergo 7 vaccines.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Out of curiosity, is anyone with Vectrus not with DoD but a different agency? USAID? DHS? DEA? State? Etc.
  • Options
    Masked_KingMasked_King Banned Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    And another thing, you won't miss a thing culturally by going overseas, especially in these troubled times in the fairy kingdom.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well I'm not with Vectrus but DoS is my customer...
    EANx wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is anyone with Vectrus not with DoD but a different agency? USAID? DHS? DEA? State? Etc.
  • Options
    LordQarlyn wrote: »
    Well I'm not with Vectrus but DoS is my customer...

Chenega?

Seems that the backlog is slowly clearing up. A lot of people here had to get adjucated on their vacations.

Alijah,

After you do the check the box stuff, you'll schedule a time to go to CRC.

If anyone is looking for referrals, drop me a line: littlebit@gmail.com
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    And another thing, you won't miss a thing culturally by going overseas, especially in these troubled times in the fairy kingdom.

The US has culture? I thought it was all fast food. Which DFACs serve in the short order line :)

I dont miss the US one bit. Ill wait it out, invest, save, and after America is over her mid life crisis, Ill consider moving back.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Just curious Little Bit, would you get tax to hell when you come back to the US or are taxes taken out during your oversea tours?
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Looks like I'll be back on my way rather soon. I just need to do my physical and set a CRC date. I said I'd never go back but the money is way better this time as a Net Admin with the 70% bump.
  • Options
    Just curious Little Bit, would you get tax to hell when you come back to the US or are taxes taken out during your oversea tours?

I exempt to $100K, and tax the remainder.

Just dont get fired or head home longer than 35 days.

As an Edit: Someone things Im giving false info.

Last I checked you can claim tax exemption up to $102K, afterwhich, you can continue to go exempt, but you will need to pay taxes on anything over $102K.

Most people opt to have taxes taken out year round, some will do the exemption all the way through, and pay back taxes, some do up to the first $102K.

Hope this helps.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_earned_income_exclusion
    A quick google search for Overseas Tax Exemption:
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Thanks Little Bit for the info. Hopefully you didn't get a negative rep for trying to help answer questions....

Not like a neg rep means anything, but still.

Edit: Awwww man, I got hit with a negative rep . It has taken me 5 years to get 2 green bars lol.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN