Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikey88 wrote: »
    There is a BMI limit when you do your medical. As long as you are not obese it's not a problem.

Mine comes up as BMI = 31.25 kg/m2 (Obese Class I), I would have to get down to 239 to get into the "overweight" category and down to 199 to be "normal". I'm confident I could lose 15 pounds to get down to 239, but I'd have to lose a limp to get to 199. :) If I want to seriously consider this career path, do you think it's a good Idea to get down to 239? Not sure how closely they follow the BMI classifications. I found one document that says, can not be "morbid obesity (BMI >/= 40)".

I've also noticed a little bit of age discrimination in the BMI chart. If your 20 years old and weight 250, your overweight, but if your 50, your obese. If your 20, you can weigh 215 and be considered normal, but at 50, you need to lose another 16 pounds to get into the same classification.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I've also noticed a little bit of age discrimination in the BMI chart. If your 20 years old and weight 250, your overweight, but if your 50, your obese. If your 20, you can weigh 215 and be considered normal, but at 50, you need to lose another 16 pounds to get into the same classification.
    Because it's common for older people to have reduced muscle mass. Therefore a higher weight for older people implies higher body fat than a younger person.

It's not always the case, but considering BMI is purely done based off of generalizations, it fits along with the rest of it.
  • Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Day Everyone,

Just wanted to update you on my progress. Activities in steps 1-5 were completed early December 2017. Activities in steps 6-8 occurred between December 15, 2017 and January 22, 2018:

01) I had my technical interview back in August 2017 and passed,
    02) received my offer letter less than a week later.
    03) Submitted all paperwork (SF86 via eQuip with fingerprint cards),
    04) hirerite completed my employment verification successfully.
    05) Just yesterday 12/11/2017, I got my interim security clearance notification from vectrus and submitted SF312 (NDA).
    06) OccuMed Medical/Dental examinations started on 12/15/2017, all examinations completed by 12/22/2017
    07) Abnormal EKG prompted to OccuMed to request additional information. Scheduled appointments with primary care physician and cardiologist between 12/30/2017 - 01/15/2018.
    08 Officially cleared by OccuMed on 01/22/2018 (yea, 30 days later after my originally scheduled exam). OccuMed sent notification to Vectrus that I am medically cleared.

As of this morning 01/23/2018 EST I was notified by Vectrus recruiter and I quote "Please be advised currently we do not have a position available. We are expecting to have some positions available soon in the near future. Please hang tight once a position becomes available we will reach out to you and get you scheduled for CRC. Thank you for your patience and interest with Vectrus."

Talk about a being deflatedicon_sad.gif. I sent a reply to get some additional details and was informed that available positions change daily and to please hang in there and as soon as they will schedule my deployment. Vectrus also said and I quote "Whoever gets through the process first are the first to deploy and the medical is good for 90 days."

So as of this moment I'm still at my day job, LOL in a holding pattern.

ALJAHA2
  • Options
    HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Aljaha2,

Welcome to the "Waiting Line". Fulcrum45 and I posted similar responses a couple of weeks ago. Based on other posts I've read, this seems to be business as usual if you get stuck at the wrong part of the line with Vectrus. The good news is that we're now at the front, so its just a waiting game at this point.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • Options
    @Aljaha2,

Welcome to the "Waiting Line". Fulcrum45 and I posted similar responses a couple of weeks ago. Based on other posts I've read, this seems to be business as usual if you get stuck at the wrong part of the line with Vectrus. The good news is that we're now at the front, so its just a waiting game at this point.

LOL, thanks:D @HappyBearIT glad to be in the "Waiting Line". Who knows, maybe I'll meet up with you guys at CRC??? You never know
  • Options
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    D'oh! So I passed my technical, dental and physical exam BUT they don't have an open position at the moment for the job I applied for. I guess this is fairly common so I'm just going to hang tight and wait for them to call me...hopefully. My physical is good for 90 days so I'm praying something opens up during that window. Anyone else experience something like this? I wonder what the average wait time is.

Congrats @Fulcrum45 was chatting with HappyBearIT today about your post. I'm now in the waiting line behind you two. I'm hoping the wait time is days not weeks or months. The Vectrus recruiter indicated that jobs openings change and are created daily.

Much Success!
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    aljaha2 wrote: »
    LOL, thanks:D @HappyBearIT glad to be in the "Waiting Line". Who knows, maybe I'll meet up with you guys at CRC??? You never know

That's quite possible :) It's a relief to have all of this out of the way but going to work everyday and waiting for that call is difficult at times. AS HappyBear said, welcome to the waiting line, lol.
  • Options
    Congrats @Fulcrum45 was chatting with HappyBearIT today about your post. I'm now in the waiting line behind you two. I'm hoping the wait time is days not weeks or months. The Vectrus recruiter indicated that jobs openings change and are created daily.

Much Success!

Oops, you posted before I could reply to your earlier thread, lol. I cleared Occu-Med January 3rd so I'm going on 3 weeks now. My recruiter keeps telling me to "hang tight" also. We probably have the same one, lol. Here's to hoping we ship out soon!
  • Options
    Oops, you posted before I could reply to your earlier thread, lol. I cleared Occu-Med January 3rd so I'm going on 3 weeks now. My recruiter keeps telling me to "hang tight" also. We probably have the same one, lol. Here's to hoping we ship out soon!

I hope so too!
  • Options
    ***UPDATE***

Just got a email from OccuMed informing me that they want to setup my immunization to meet the Afghanistan requirements. OccuMed asked me to confirm that I am still in the same area and when I am available for vaccination appointment.

aljaha2
  • Options
    HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yea, getting the shots after being told i had to wait was the icing on the cake for me.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • Options
    yea, getting the shots after being told i had to wait was the icing on the cake for me.

Good to know @HappyBearIT, I'm ready to roll outta here!
  • Options
    I was on the fence about getting my shots until they gave me a CRC date but I figured I might as well go ahead and get them. At least now there is nothing left to check off.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Anyone onsite in Afghan now? What is the current security situation like? Do bases get targeted?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    ssttsstt Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are several sites in AFG that you could be deploying to, none are 100% safe. What position were you hired for?
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,055 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A coworker of mine has been waiting 5+ months for his TS clearance (renewal).

wow.

He says that the "secret" level clearance goes a Lot faster (i guess its Not as Deep?).

So, how does the "interim" clearance work?

Do they let you work while you are waiting months for the process to complete?
    (doesn't seems very secure, imo.)

Or, do i have to stay at my day job and wait until everything completes?

Thanks
  • Options
    volfkhat wrote: »
    So, how does the "interim" clearance work?

Do they let you work while you are waiting months for the process to complete?
    (doesn't seems very secure, imo.)

Or, do i have to stay at my day job and wait until everything completes?

Thanks

From my experience it would seem that an interim is just a really quick background check. Provided they don't find any immediate red flags you can get an interim in as little as a few weeks- at least I did. Once you get it you're good to get started. It should be noted though that you can get an interim and ultimately be denied a clearance altogether. I've only ever held a Secret level clearance so I'm pretty sure it's different if you need a TS.

But yeah, in the meantime they'll tell you not to quit your day job until they give you a date to ship out. It's a bit difficult to try and tip-toe around all these requirements they throw at you without tipping off your current employer. A physical exam, dental exam, finger prints, paperwork out the wazoo (and getting it notarized). It's a tad stressful trying to keep it on the DL.
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you know you got your interim? Did you receive a letter or get a phone call?
  • Options
    mizterkewl wrote: »
    How did you know you got your interim? Did you receive a letter or get a phone call?
    That's just it- I don't think they notified me at all. I was called up and simply given a day to schedule CRC. I found out later I had my interim. It was almost a "no news is good news" type scenario.
  • Options
    That's just it- I don't think they notified me at all. I was called up and simply given a day to schedule CRC. I found out later I had my interim. It was almost a "no news is good news" type scenario.

After passing your background how long would you say it was before you were contacted by the security team to start the eQIP?
  • Options
    From my experience it would seem that an interim is just a really quick background check. Provided they don't find any immediate red flags you can get an interim in as little as a few weeks- at least I did. Once you get it you're good to get started. It should be noted though that you can get an interim and ultimately be denied a clearance altogether. I've only ever held a Secret level clearance so I'm pretty sure it's different if you need a TS.

But yeah, in the meantime they'll tell you not to quit your day job until they give you a date to ship out. It's a bit difficult to try and tip-toe around all these requirements they throw at you without tipping off your current employer. A physical exam, dental exam, finger prints, paperwork out the wazoo (and getting it notarized). It's a tad stressful trying to keep it on the DL.

Fulcrum45, you are so right. Tip-Toe around is the best description. By the way, vaccinations scheduled for wednesday
  • Options
    mizterkewl wrote: »
    After passing your background how long would you say it was before you were contacted by the security team to start the eQIP?

I did my eQIP as part of my first batch of paperwork. The Interim came afterwards around 2 weeks after I submitted my fingerprints.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45, you are so right. Tip-Toe around is the best description. By the way, vaccinations scheduled for wednesday
    Nice! Moving along. Surely it'll be any day now.
  • Options
    I did my eQIP as part of my first batch of paperwork. The Interim came afterwards around 2 weeks after I submitted my fingerprints.

Alright just trying to figure everything out. Going through everything now.
  • Options
    @LittleBIT,

What kind of referrals?
  • Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @LittleBIT,

What kind of referrals?

Basically fill out paperwork and a recruiter will contact you if you fit a position. Plus a nice 1k perk.
  • Options
    For vectrus or another company?
  • Options
    @ Aljaha2- I think he's referring to Vectrus. Any news on the job front btw?
  • Options
    @ Aljaha2- I think he's referring to Vectrus. Any news on the job front btw?

Hey Fulcrum45, thanks for the clarification regarding the referrals. As far as CRC updates, nothing yet icon_sad.gif. I did get all of my vaccinations on Wednesday. I was thinking of applying with applying with other companies that have DoD contracts in the region to increase my odds since Vectrus seems to now be dragging there feet
  • Options
    Hey Fulcrum45, thanks for the clarification regarding the referrals. As far as CRC updates, nothing yet icon_sad.gif. I did get all of my vaccinations on Wednesday. I was thinking of applying with applying with other companies that have DoD contracts in the region to increase my odds since Vectrus seems to now be dragging there feet
    That's not a bad idea BUT be warned- you'll have to repeat a lot of the steps you've already done. I've applied to another company to work out in the Pacific but it feels like starting the whole process all over again. You MAY need to get a new physical and dental exam and of course a lot of additional paperwork. This isn't to dissuade you from looking elsewhere but just wanted to let you know since we both seem to have a difficult time navigating all of this around our work schedule. You can IM me if you have any specific questions also.