Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    LGNLGN Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone answer the below questions?

1. How long did your deployment process take. Once you turned in all the paperwork?

2. As for the clearance process, how long did that take as well?
  • Options
    sdmustangsdmustang Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys Im new here on this, I just got an offer letter from vectrus as well but as a service desk admin. I have some questions for you guys already there in Afghanistan.

1. The medical exam what are they looking for?
    2. I have a list of the certs they gave me for my position I need at least an A+ and another cert with CE? anyone have any info on that?

I just finished all the general paperwork

So Far the information everyone has provided has been really useful
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. They're looking basically for any condition that would require ongoing treatment, or for conditions that might be aggravated by the sometimes harsh conditions they send us to.
    2. The army has specific requirements for contractors as far as what certs to have. I dont have information specifically about what certs you need, only that the company will pay for them if your job requires them.
  • Options
    Ah so being diabetic might send up a red flag?
    And it says baseline is the normal A+ N+ and Security+ but it also says i need excelis cert mcp mcse mcsa. Either way i hope to pass everything and to head out to your neck of the country.
  • Options
    Hopefully someone can answer a few questions.

1. What is the estimate timeframe it took to you clearance fully competed?
    2.Once all he necessary paperwork was completed. How long did you deploy your perspective duty/job station. I am just trying to gauge this process.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LGN
  • Options
    LGN wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can answer a few questions.

1. What is the estimate timeframe it took to you clearance fully competed?
    2.Once all he necessary paperwork was completed. How long did you deploy your perspective duty/job station. I am just trying to gauge this process.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LGN

1. All of my clearances took about 2 weeks, but I didn't have to complete any certs or anything like that. I just had medical, dental and background.
    2. Not sure exactly what you're asking here. If you're asking how long it took to deploy once the clearances were done, that's kind of up to you. Once your recruiter notifies you that your clearances are complete, he gives you a list of CRC (pre deployment training) dates. The dates he gave me were 1 and 2 weeks out. I chose the 2 week date. You go to CRC for a week, then deploy to your site.
  • Options
    Thanks for answering these questions for me.
  • Options
    yeah yeahyeah yeah Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The time frame on getting your clearance all depends on your background. Don't compare it to the next person. Majority of secret clearances can take as short as 1 week and up to a year. If you lived in the same place, worked the same job, no criminal history, good credit, no foreign family, then it could take a week. If you lived in multiple places, worked different jobs, have a questionable background, large family, then the time can be longer.

I'm more curious if anyone actually got the job and deployed.
  • Options
    Hey Wtrwlkr,

Are you still stateside or have you deployed? If you are deployed, what other CRC paperwork did you have to fill out?

Thanks in advance for the info,

LGN
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    I got one of these Vectrus emails today too. From a previous experience I was also given a Cisco VSAT engineer offer for Afghanistan.

I was expected to work 3120 to 3744 hours a year compared to a normal 2080 hours a year. I was told I would frequently fly via helicopter to FOBs. FOBs don't typically have Air conditioner and can be dangerous. They are called FOB for a reason...google it.
    If I got sick or what not I was told to self medicate. If I got shot or was seriously injured I was told I would have to be flown to Germany.

So @ 3744 hours/yr @ 120k/yr that's about $32/hour + Secret Clearance for a fairly dangerous job.
  • Options
    I'm currently deployed, have been for about 5 months. My memory is alittle sketchy, but they had me fill out background clearance paperwork, medical and dental, plus their standard application form. They'll have you fill out some more paperwork at CRC, but like I said, my memory is really sketchy as to exactly what forms they had me fill out. They also had me do paperwork to get an AKO account and do the CBTs they sent me. A word of advice to anyone going to CRC: Do as many CBTs as you can BEFORE you go to CRC. They expect them all to be done by your 4th day at CRC and any you didn't do ahead of time will have to be done after hours. They DO NOT afford you much time during the day at CRC to get these done.
    LGN wrote: »
    Hey Wtrwlkr,

Are you still stateside or have you deployed? If you are deployed, what other CRC paperwork did you have to fill out?

Thanks in advance for the info,

LGN
  • Options
    Hey Wtrwlkr,

Thanks, this information really helps. If you have any insight on what to expect once a person hits ground there. Ie. what type of cloths to pack, work life balance, culture any thing would be helpful.

Thanks again for your updates,

LGN
  • Options
    cowillcowill Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got an offer for IAA 1...but I saw they need IAT III for that role.......I don't have any of those certs nor do I plan on getting anything IAT 3 at this point.......Anybody know any work arounds ?? LOL
  • Options
    LGN,

If you look at the first couple of pages, I provided alot of info as to the situation here in Afghanistan. If you have any further questions, fire away. Cowill, no work around that I know of, the IAT levels are an Army requirement.
  • Options
    cowillcowill Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wtrwlkr wrote: »
    LGN,

If you look at the first couple of pages, I provided alot of info as to the situation here in Afghanistan. If you have any further questions, fire away. Cowill, no work around that I know of, the IAT levels are an Army requirement.

I know man.....LOL

Have you heard of anybody changing their jobs during the recruiting process? If I get IAT III, there is no point in going over there......How I see it with those certs I could make that money over here....
  • Options
    kkndll604kkndll604 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

Where did you all apply to was it directly on their website or some third party site. How long did the process take for them to call you and get ball rolling. Also for someone working at the company can I use you as a reference to get in ? This seems like a good opportunity to take advantage of and I am very interested. Any Advice will be helpful, currently I have a secret clearance and a 2 years of experience doing networking engineering and IA work.
  • Options
    Cowill,

I haven't heard of anyone changing jobs during the recruiting process. If you meet the requirements and there's a need, I don't see how there would be an issue. Also, once here, you can apply for different jobs within the company after 120 days.

• Options
    kkndll604,

The recruiter contacted me after he found my resume online. I'd be happy to be a reference. The biggest thing with this company are certs. I know for networking you have to have at least CCNA R&S and your Security +. The security clearance is a great start as well.
  • Options
    kkndll604kkndll604 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wtrwlkr,

Thanks for the info. I would definitely would like that. I tried to look for the PM on here to link up with you on Linkedin, but could not find it if do hit me up. I was just ping by a recruiter yesterday, however its not for the position I am interested in. I am going to talk to him to see if there any other positions my skills might be able to fit in at. Wish me luck and thanks for the info again and also everybody on this post.
  • Options
    no worries man. i think they wont allow you to PM until you post a certain amount of posts. Here's my linkedin. Anyone reading this can feel free to add me. https://af.linkedin.com/pub/casey-leavings/67/92b/a95
  • Options
    Has anyone deployed within the last few months?
  • Options
    LGN

I have not deployed but I am in the middle of finishing the paperwork they gave me. So you will get appointments for a physical and dental a day after you sign and turn in the preliminary paperwork. The background check only took 5 days for me and the dental has passed now just waiting on the physical results. All this in less than 2 weeks, they move fast and expect you to do the same. The most time consuming thing for me is waiting on my passport even though I expedited it. Hope this helps some
  • Options
    Hello sdmustang,

Thanks for the info.. My process actually started in March 2015.. I have been placed on the list. I was just wondering if anyone has recently received deployment instructions within the past 2 months.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever had their physical expire while waiting to deploy.. It is my understanding that the physical is only good for 90 days.
  • Options
    I've not heard that at all. I've been here for 6 months already. Many guys here have been here for 2-3 years and ive never heard about any problems with their physical.
  • Options
    Wtrwlkr,

That’s interesting, I read somewhere that the physicals are only good for 90 days. If you haven’t deployed prior to your 90 days, you will have to go through the entire physical process again.

I contacted my recruiter and he stated that I needed to retake the physical due to was recently expired. I am so ready to deploy.. lol

Lgn,
  • Options
    Okay, he probably meant that the physicals are good for 90 days, but once you deploy, you're good to go.
  • Options
    Wtrwlkr,

Hey, can you elaborate on what your typical daily or nightly workload is like over there? Is the work at a steady pace or is it hit or miss. In addition, I have heard that both Afghanistan is fairly safe. Kuwait is the safest of both places. Can you comment on either place without breaking any opsec rules.

Thanks again,

LGN

• Options
    Just hillJust hill Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know the pay rate for an exchange engineer II with vectrus in Kuwait?
  • Options
    Can someone tell me how safe is Afghanistan? I am considering an offer there? Just want to know if it is safe or not.