Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ConUS Replacement Center. It’s where military personnel are given specific training/outfitting/briefings for transfers to specialized roles/units/missions. It’s basically the army equivalent of a layover in Atlanta. You go there first before getting sent out into the world. For contractors it’s where we get enrolled into the army computer and personnel systems, get issued our gear (bags and body armor), receive basic training modules and briefings, and take some basic survival courses. It’s basically Boot-Camp lite but without any of the PT. You show up on a Sunday and fly out to Kuwait that Friday on a chartered comercial jet that will likely be packed. Just google Fort Bliss CRC and read what’s on the website
  • Options
    Nice! How far along are you in the process?
  • Options
    Ahhh. Well, strap yourself in. This is anything if not a long process. Not to discourage you at all, just keep in mind every part of this process moves like molasses. I would recommend reading through this entire topic for general information, downloading a blank SF-86 form so you can get a head start on gathering the required information, and for the love of god...don’t quit your day job until you have a plane ticket to FT Bliss in your hands. Lol
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I had an interview in November, an offer 3 weeks later, and my clearance process started the last week of February. The clearance process can take 12-18 months for a full clearance, but, an interim clearance can come as soon as 3-6 months. It varies wilding depending on your background, the current backlog of cases at OPM, how much of a drinking problem your investigator has, and how sincerely you last sacrificed a goat to Mercury, the god of paperwork and government inefficiency. 
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When filling out the eQip be complete and remember, wern't none of us angels.

Just to echo what others have said, don't quit your day job and don't skimp on the goat : ) 
  • Options
    Wait....who’s giving out goats?

for me, I’m gonna be ADPE/Service Desk Admin. Basically a really fancy title for Help Desk ****.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just a heads up they might delay you longer intern clearances are not valid anymore.
  • Options
    Oh god...when did that happen?
  • Options
    wakandawakanda Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Just a heads up they might delay you longer intern clearances are not valid anymore.
    What's the wait time like if you have everything in place? Security clearance and medical done? 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had an interview in November, an offer 3 weeks later, and my clearance process started the last week of February. The clearance process can take 12-18 months for a full clearance, but, an interim clearance can come as soon as 3-6 months. It varies wilding depending on your background, the current backlog of cases at OPM, how much of a drinking problem your investigator has, and how sincerely you last sacrificed a goat to Mercury, the god of paperwork and government inefficiency. 
    Wow so it took a couple months for them to start your clearance? I had accepted the offer in January and still haven't started.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Who is your source on this?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikey88 said:
    Speghetty said:
    Who is your source on this?
    Hey mikey88,

Speghetty is correct. I'm in Afghanistan now the decision was made by the DoD, we were informed by Vectrus sometime around August of 2018, no one can come into theater until they have full clearance we weren't given an explaination as to why. 
  • Options
    Hey mikey88,

Speghetty is correct. I'm in Afghanistan now the decision was made by the DoD, we were informed by Vectrus sometime around August of 2018, no one can come into theater until they have full clearance we weren't given an explaination as to why. 
    Hey Alijaha2

Do they currently have any desktop support open positions in Afghanistan right now? i'm the wait-list
  • Options
    wakanda said:
    Hey mikey88,

Hey Alijaha2

Do they currently have any desktop support open positions in Afghanistan right now? i'm the wait-list
    Wassup Wakanda,

At the moment nothing has been posted however stand by because the internal job list are updated and posted every Wednesday. I'll let you know shortly.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Anyone fail MOD13 medical before? and how soon before they'd consider you again?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    wakanda said:
    Hey mikey88,

Hey Alijaha2

Wakanda,
    Nothing on the radar for service desk in Afghanistan as of yet but there are positions Kuwait and Iraq. 
  • Options
    rainie1958rainie1958 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I’ve got my clearance , status is deployable. Getting shots tomorrow. Usually how long after that?
  • Options
    aljaha2 said:
    wakanda said:
    Hey mikey88,

Hey Alijaha2

Wakanda,
    Nothing on the radar for service desk in Afghanistan as of yet but there are positions Kuwait and Iraq. 
    Alijah2,

How likely is it to deploy to Iraq if i'm currently on the waitlist for Afghanistan? I'm trying to go Asap i dont care where even though i applied for Afghanistan lol
  • Options
    I’ve got my clearance , status is deployable. Getting shots tomorrow. Usually how long after that?
    How long ago did you start the process? Like, offer letter to now?
  • Options
    Offer letter last month. Everything is done, I get my shots today 
  • Options
    @rainie1958
    What position did you apply for and what country 
  • Options
    wakanda said:
    aljaha2 said:
    wakanda said:
    Hey mikey88,

Hey Alijaha2

Wakanda,
    Alijah2,

How likely is it to deploy to Iraq if i'm currently on the waitlist for Afghanistan? I'm trying to go Asap i dont care where even though i applied for Afghanistan lol
    Wakanda,

Check with your recruiter. 
  • Options
    @aljaha2

ok i will, i was afraid to ask him cause i feel like he would think i'm impatient and put me at the back of the line or something lol. And btw i;m currently in Afghanistan working for a different company as i'm waiting
  • Options
    @wakanda

Listen when I was ready to deploy but waiting I bugged the hell outta my recruiter, im sure they are use to it by now, lol. 
  • Options
    Offer letter last month. Everything is done, I get my shots today 
    Did you already have a clearance?
  • Options
  • Options
    wakanda said:
    @aljaha2
    Thanks man 
    @wakanda your welcome 

• Options
    They said Afganistan. Yes I already have a clearance 
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I heard the bonus was about 25K. I heard the money has gone up per hour. I hear that Vectrus is no longer one of the lowest paid in the Middle East.

Rumor has it, IA is making around the 200K mark.

Can someone please confirm or deny these rumors.

Thank You.

• Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    johndoee said:
    I heard the bonus was about 25K. I heard the money has gone up per hour. I hear that Vectrus is no longer one of the lowest paid in the Middle East.

Rumor has it, IA is making around the 200K mark.

Can someone please confirm or deny these rumors.

Thank You.

Yes. Vectrus is still one of the lowest paid though.