Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dark_don said:
    Yea that was my guess. At least it's all done on my end 
    I recommend following up weekly to make sure they haven't forgotten about you.
    V/R

• Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea you will have to keep redoing medical if it goes past 90 since your paperwork
  • Options
    lol what do you consider nice for overseas?
  • Options
    Aslo they can say you have a clearance on paper but it dosent mean anything until they verify it in JPAS.
  • Options
    Which contract will you be working on? 
  • Options
    Just a heads up contract is over in November 30.
  • Options
    It is going to affect you pay. Once the contract ends you will be prorated on that bonus that they are going to give you. You will not receive the full amount. Just factor that in when you are calculating your money. Same with the offer they give you. Make sure you calculate for the fact that it won’t be a full year. I’m assuming they gave you an hourly rate. Also assuming you will be coming to Bagram to replace the IA that just left. 
  • Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone experienced their security contact just completely ghosting them? I filled out and had an email conversation about my SF86 with whoever was working my file at Vectrus, sent everything in and sent in my fingerprint cards. Since then I’ve tried to contact them for info three times and got nothing. It’s been almost 3 months. Who else could I contact to get some info on what’s going on?
  • Options
    That is correct there is local level IA and RNOSC. There is no openings at the RNOSC.
  • Options
    Vectrus is the only contractor out here that works at the RNOSC for IA.
  • Options
    Uhh okay lol. I work at the RNOSC and the only employer is Vectrus on OMDAC-SWACA and C4IT.
  • Options
    Only positions 5 rivers even have listed overseas is ADPE techs lol
  • Options
    VillagerVillager Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Incredible amounts of good information here. Read through it all.
    I was offered Net Admin I about a month ago. Have physical on Monday, Dental Wednesday. Currently meet all other requirements for the Net Admin position.

The offer is to Afghanistan. 

My current position in the NOC here CONUS is very very busy, phones ringing all day and T/S with folks. Right now I am working with Transport layer equipment, layer 1 and layer 2 long haul equipment.

I am looking forward to getting hands on some equipment and gaining some more experience that is not just on the phone performing T/S and directing others to do the work. Looking forward to adding some layer 3 work.

Currently I am in a large NOC working with folks on the phone in TCF's and other customer locations.

Questions to any Net Admins or anyone who has knowledge of job details...
    - I am thinking this is going to put me in the TCF and/or customer location where I can put hands on equipment for cabling, doing some switch and routing T/S and configurations. Sound right?
    - Additionally, the job description stated a team environment... With me as a Net Admin I, I am assuming I will be working with more senior Net Admins/Engineers where I will be gain even more advanced networking skills? 
    - Guessing I will have someone to bounce questions off of as needed, etc.
    Any more details anyone has would be appreciated.

Trying to paint a picture of what this will look like over there.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Has anyone experienced their security contact just completely ghosting them? I filled out and had an email conversation about my SF86 with whoever was working my file at Vectrus, sent everything in and sent in my fingerprint cards. Since then I’ve tried to contact them for info three times and got nothing. It’s been almost 3 months. Who else could I contact to get some info on what’s going on?
    They don’t say anything until you are good or not good, all I know is let Vectrus make me an FSO, doesn’t take long to look clearances up through JPAS, literally takes 5 minutes lol
    V/R

• Options
    Villager said:
    Incredible amounts of good information here. Read through it all.
    I was offered Net Admin I about a month ago. Have physical on Monday, Dental Wednesday. Currently meet all other requirements for the Net Admin position.

The offer is to Afghanistan. 

My current position in the NOC here CONUS is very very busy, phones ringing all day and T/S with folks. Right now I am working with Transport layer equipment, layer 1 and layer 2 long haul equipment.

I am looking forward to getting hands on some equipment and gaining some more experience that is not just on the phone performing T/S and directing others to do the work. Looking forward to adding some layer 3 work.

Currently I am in a large NOC working with folks on the phone in TCF's and other customer locations.

Questions to any Net Admins or anyone who has knowledge of job details...
    - I am thinking this is going to put me in the TCF and/or customer location where I can put hands on equipment for cabling, doing some switch and routing T/S and configurations. Sound right?
    - Additionally, the job description stated a team environment... With me as a Net Admin I, I am assuming I will be working with more senior Net Admins/Engineers where I will be gain even more advanced networking skills? 
    - Guessing I will have someone to bounce questions off of as needed, etc.
    Any more details anyone has would be appreciated.

Trying to paint a picture of what this will look like over there.

Thanks in advance.
    I’m not sure about KAF or BAF, if you get a FOB, it basically is all switches no routers. OSP generally handles all fiber and copper. Most configuration should be in place, I think you may have to load an OS every now and again. Well I guess it depends on how your site is configured, but you’ll be playing with switches a lot, you can’t really  determine what you’ll actually be doing unless you know where you are going. The network is so complex now and we aren’t really allowed to discuss that on a public forum.
    V/R

• Options
    nomadic_flavorsnomadic_flavors Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Guys, can someone please share their story with naci clearance? Mine is taking forever and I would appreciate if u guys tell me what to expect? Can I find a contract overseas that doesn't require clearance because I need a job so bad? 
  • Options
    Guys, can someone please share their story with naci clearance? Mine is taking forever and I would appreciate if u guys tell me what to expect? Can I find a contract overseas that doesn't require clearance because I need a job so bad? 
    Clearnces are way behind some people are taking from 6 months-3 years. Also dont know of any jobs that wouldn't require at least a secret clearance.
  • Options
    dark_dondark_don Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know Vectrus payday schedule? 
  • Options
    @a3g so everyone is different? Because it's a different CRC rotation every week
  • Options
    @a3g Ok I understand that so my question is are all employees paid on the same day biweekly and if so does anybody have a payday schedule or last date that you were paid.
  • Options
    @a3g it said the last date you WERE paid meaning 1st of June or which day? I know that Vectrus is paid byweekly. I know your pay starts the date you arrive at CRC. So now let me ask the question again. Do you have a Vectrus payday schedule (dates) or can you tell me the last date that YOU WERE PAID. 
  • Options
    DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think he is asking 1st & 15th or something.
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    We just got paid on the 30th. It is every 2 weeks on Thursday. That is if you are on OMDAC-SWACA
  • Options
    Still waiting for them to start my clearance process. Going on a month and a half for Vectrus to start the EQip paperwork. 
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fist Bump, DPrice.  There, now its a party: ) 
  • Options
    I talked with 2 recruiters. They were playing around so I went straight to the hiring manager. 
  • Options
    I'm going under the assumption that the job isn't really happening. I get that processing the clearance can take a while, that's a pretty well known thing, but not even *starting* the process over a month after getting my offer? Yeah, I'm actively looking for other opportunities. 

Apparantly they have ONE person who manages their clearance process. Meh. 
  • Options
    It took like 2 months for them to get around to me, too.
  • Options
    Indeed. Haven’t heard anything back since then, either.
  • Options
    a3g said:
    ...after my IA-VA offer.

Where was that position offer for?